• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

No silver bullet today...

Well, crap:

IMG_9239.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9247.JPG

What size are the tires? I will check around and see if I can find you a cheap replacement.

What size are the tires? I will check around and see if I can find you a cheap replacement.

225/70/16 My spare is the same size at least, but its also a spare from a 2000 or 2001 XJ.......

I'm going to see if I can get them warranteed with discount. It has over 50% tread and the tires had certs, but looking into it discount only says the cert is good for three years. I've never tried to get a tire warranteed with them before so I don't know how much they stick to that.

If not, maybe ill buy two of the same size and throw the other rear on the back for a spare? Who knows.

225/70/16 My spare is the same size at least, but its also a spare from a 2000 or 2001 XJ.......

I'm going to see if I can get them warranteed with discount. It has over 50% tread and the tires had certs, but looking into it discount only says the cert is good for three years. I've never tried to get a tire warranteed with them before so I don't know how much they stick to that.

If not, maybe ill buy two of the same size and throw the other rear on the back for a spare? Who knows.

Worst case maybe take a look at these?

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/wto/5619272486.html

Talked to him a little while ago before getting the five I just did. Got him down to $300, could probably get him down further.

Just managed to get 5 of the Hankook ATMs in 225/75R16s for $400 delivered through Discount Tire Direct (Discount Tire's online store) after discounts (prepaid cards and a Pirate4x4.com forum member discount).

Worst case maybe take a look at these?

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/wto/5619272486.html

Talked to him a little while ago before getting the five I just did. Got him down to $300, could probably get him down further.

Just managed to get 5 of the Hankook ATMs in 225/75R16s for $400 delivered through Discount Tire Direct (Discount Tire's online store) after discounts (prepaid cards and a Pirate4x4.com forum member discount).

$300
Eh, maybe, plus mount and balance on a set of silverstars.

Or $116 each plus mount and certs for two and have slightly mismatched sizing.

$300
Eh, maybe, plus mount and balance on a set of silverstars.

Or $116 each plus mount and certs for two and have slightly mismatched sizing.

$116 each? Seems a little high.

EDIT: Yup you're right. I forget that since it's a little more of an oddball size, its more $$$.

Damn, at that point it would have almost been worth jumping on what I did. Mine came to $80/tire with certs with the sale they had that ended on the 5th.

$116 each? Seems a little high.

EDIT: Yup you're right. I forget that since it's a little more of an oddball size, its more $$$.

Damn, at that point it would have almost been worth jumping on what I did. Mine came to $80/tire with certs with the sale they had that ended on the 5th.

$80 a tire is cheap, but of course I didn't think I needed any a few days ago.

Well discount honored the cert, I was worried they might not since its been awhile since purchase and the cert is supposed to be for 3 years only.

So I have one new tire and 3 tires that are down to 7 or 8/32nds out of 13/32nds. I'm thinking I'll buy one new tire and run the two new ones on the front and then rotate out the 3 used ones on the rears.

Or something like that.

How much crap did they give you about putting one new tire on? That happened to me a long time ago, they ended up prorating the other 3 tires so I got a set of the old (new then) style bfg mud terrains for super cheap.

Considering a set of 16 inch struts for the front after I get done in the middle and head to the front ...$700 per corner ...ouch...I don't go fast my XJ weighs about 5500 lbs and has 190hp on 44s ...lol...fast is anything over 15mph , So not sure they are worth every penny for just slow crawling but they do add some bling to wheel well ...

Made a phunnay post about installing some vinyl decals on my ride ...4wparts decal and warn go prepared and having plenty of room on my winchless plastic bumper cover to install either one there...While this may be an infraction of some rules...rules that seem to be enforced at random and the mood of the moderator or depending on who the person is as some folks post and no moderation is had ...

Now how the f is a post like my vinyl sticker decal a " serious infraction of rules"...

Thanks to "senior" cracker Naxja will be getting one less set of Red letters in 2017 ...Moderation is for real ...serious...infractions which I see often many serious things in moderated ...I pay to be here I only pay because I bs on here and realize a site costs money to run ,but other than that I really obtain nothing directly from the site so if a moderator is going to moderate heavily for no reason then why pay to get what non paying members get. I've also spent thousands with vendors on the site...What I'm saying is that I don't feel s serious act was there to moderate as such ,and thus the moderator is over moderating and that is basically abusing a member with moderator authority and why would one pay to be abused ?

How much crap did they give you about putting one new tire on? That happened to me a long time ago, they ended up prorating the other 3 tires so I got a set of the old (new then) style bfg mud terrains for super cheap.

None. The guy even said "The size is a little different so you will want to use 4wd as little as possible"

The certs are only for 3 years and its past that for sure, so I'm just going to count this as a win that I got 1 free new tire out of it. If they had been newer I probably could have pushed for 4 new ones.

My Vanagon Syncro is AWD, I bought 5 BFG all terrains so I could rotate through and keep it even. Thats one vehicle where having 1 different size will do damage to the drivetrain, very expensive damage!

Monday I'm going to go buy another and run two new and rotate the 3 old. I would like to get the 2 new ones worn down closer to the old ones come winter. The diesel KJs all had 242s and I use the full time a fair amount in the winter(the rear LSD in this thing is like one small step away from a locker so the full time/LSD combo works out pretty nice).

Made a phunnay post about installing some vinyl decals on my ride ...4wparts decal and warn go prepared and having plenty of room on my winchless plastic bumper cover to install either one there...While this may be an infraction of some rules...rules that seem to be enforced at random and the mood of the moderator or depending on who the person is as some folks post and no moderation is had ...

Now how the f is a post like my vinyl sticker decal a " serious infraction of rules"...

Thanks to "senior" cracker Naxja will be getting one less set of Red letters in 2017 ...Moderation is for real ...serious...infractions which I see often many serious things in moderated ...I pay to be here I only pay because I bs on here and realize a site costs money to run ,but other than that I really obtain nothing directly from the site so if a moderator is going to moderate heavily for no reason then why pay to get what non paying members get. I've also spent thousands with vendors on the site...What I'm saying is that I don't feel s serious act was there to moderate as such ,and thus the moderator is over moderating and that is basically abusing a member with moderator authority and why would one pay to be abused ?
Yes, there is no phunnay in the Advanced Fab. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I appreciate your sentiment. I hope you at least used the Member's discount while purchasing from sponsors.

Yes, there is no phunnay in the Advanced Fab. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I appreciate your sentiment. I hope you at least used the Member's discount while purchasing from sponsors.

Never bothered to ask Claytons. About discounts when I bought 3k in parts ...or when I bought $500 in builder parts for My rear longer long arms ...never asked he off-road about a naxja discount when I bought the full set of stiffness and hd relocation boxes...never really bother to ask about dollar discounts when I'm spending hundreds or thousands ...lol...$10 off a $40 Vinyl decal is a sweet deal and noteworthy savings but $10 off $500 or $3000 is invisible at the end if the day ..

Back