• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

For when 4340 will "probably" do, but you aren't about "probably" :laugh:

300M RCV's for a Dana 60:

20160519_114619_zpshnh9cxbm.jpg

Did you pay the usual $2300 for those ?...I will upgrade my front 4340s next year to rcv first I need to upgrade the stock 14 shafts was think yukon cut to fit 4340 and having the shop up here cut them with their cold saw but I am thinking of going ouversun 14 shafts ...lol....it's cheaper than toasting a stock shaft and ruining my detroit ...lol...I don't really expect these 44tsl to hook up enough to break much but next years tires will be 43s...and they will .

If anyone has some new style xj door hinges for sale let me know...I'm leaning towards cutting down the bottom of my doors and keeping the doors ...lol...this was not my plan the day I pulled them and just cut the hinges off with no intent on using them again...may order New ones or take my cordless cut off wheel to parts yard .

i was in denver sunday/monday for work and saw so many XJ's rolling around. i only see a handful a week in houston, but i probably saw 15 just in LoDo/Highland park in 24 hours.

im totally jealous of your weather. left houston at 90 degrees saturday, to a high of like 82 and breezy in denver. was amazing. love that mountain air.

Dan, please don't tell anyone else what you've seen here. We do not need anymore lookie-lou-s coming to Colorado, and end up staying!

We are fine if the tourist come here, buy their pot, then leave. :)

i told my wife.... its been added to the list of places we might move to when we get sick of houston.

seeing the mountains off in the distance with the snow caps. it was pretty great. the dry weather was killing me though. i was so dehydrated the whole time.

If anyone has some new style xj door hinges for sale let me know...I'm leaning towards cutting down the bottom of my doors and keeping the doors ...lol...this was not my plan the day I pulled them and just cut the hinges off with no intent on using them again...may order New ones or take my cordless cut off wheel to parts yard .

I have some, im in Boulder. PM if you are interested.

For when 4340 will "probably" do, but you aren't about "probably" :laugh:

300M RCV's for a Dana 60:

20160519_114619_zpshnh9cxbm.jpg

Did you pay the usual $2300 for those ?...I will upgrade my front 4340s next year to rcv first I need to upgrade the stock 14 shafts was think yukon cut to fit 4340 and having the shop up here cut them with their cold saw but I am thinking of going ouversun 14 shafts ...lol....it's cheaper than toasting a stock shaft and ruining my detroit ...lol...I don't really expect these 44tsl to hook up enough to break much but next years tires will be 43s...and they will .

$2300 is for the the 4340's, not the 300M. The 300M list at $2995.00.

That being said, shopping around some vendors definitely paid of.

I talked with RCV and they gave me a pretty good break since with things up coming, I'll only be helping them to advertise :D

But, I was actually able to find lower through a vendor, and like being able to support the more "little guy" instead.

You can't do hard trails and keep a full body rig looking like a show piece ...that's why a clean sharp xj on 37's is a rig that gets used very easy...lol...nothing wrong with that just funny when the owner acts like they are doing Carnage when they only do SHG and mope around when some bushes scuff the clear coat .

2hebs3t.jpg

Used hard put away wet and cleaned up very well...

OUCH!
Damn reliability is $$$$$

Yep.

But I try to look at things from another angle as well.

How much would it suck, and how much money would I have spent if say I towed all the way out to Moab, JV, Hot Springs Arkansas, etc. and had a bad break?

Breaking costs money and down time as well, so it's an "investment" in not being out those two things later.

My 4340 shafts will now be my back ups. I doubt I'll EVER need to use them, but they'll be there in case.

The next step (not anytime super soon) is upgrading the 14B shafts to 300M dual splined shafts with caps.

$2300 is for the the 4340's, not the 300M. The 300M list at $2995.00.

That being said, shopping around some vendors definitely paid of.

I talked with RCV and they gave me a pretty good break since with things up coming, I'll only be helping them to advertise :D

But, I was actually able to find lower through a vendor, and like being able to support the more "little guy" instead.

Ahhh I spotted the price tag on a set and was comparing the 2300 vs 3000 never did say material...next year these are on my list...first are Iverson 300m for my 14...lol...they are much cheaper than 3k...lol...only $1500 ...I've seen big block blazer on 44 rockers not break the yukon so I should be fine with my little 4.0.

Forrney welding wire =POO... I'd bet it's the same stuff HF sells packaging looks about the same just different name ...and it welded just like 10lb HF roll I tossed in the trash few months back .I only bought it b/c Big R was out of lincoln in the size I wanted ...next time I'll just run bigger wire or driver further ...I was not smart enough to just toss it back in the box stop welding and return it and get non China made wire instead I kept trying to find the magic setting and today spent a few hours with the magic grinder .

I only bought it b/c Big R was out of lincoln in the size I wanted ...next time I'll just run bigger wire or driver further ...I was not smart enough to just toss it back in the box stop welding and return it and get non China made wire instead I kept trying to find the magic setting and today spent a few hours with the magic grinder .
What size wire, and what process?

Forney is generally junk as far as I can tell. Only cutoff wheels I've had fly apart but I haven't tried Harbor Freight ;-)

What size wire, and what process?

MIg typical 75/25 gas .030 wire er70s--6 ...I had hobo wire do the same...lol...Forney is China wire and other than saying Forney on the the box it looks just like hobo wire box and I tossed a New spool of hobo wire last year for the same issue ...It's a coin toss on quality control with cheap Chinese wire.

Back