• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

The Sylvania High Performance work good for me. I think they're Silver Star. They put out white light similar to stock (not blue). I like them better than my Hella H4 with stock wattage lights. If you want better you'll probably be wanting to upgrade the headlight wiring harness & installing relays.

The Colorado BS thread

Possibly.

I'm looking for under $100. Plug and Play would be nice.

35f7a7e710b9efdaa7d0c88baa4dcdf0.jpg

bought these on eBay for 110.00 a lot of people will knock them and say they are cheap. I do see more and more people running them at he same time. 1500 lumens low beam 3200 high beam. So far no complaints!

The Sylvania High Performance work good for me. I think they're Silver Star. They put out white light similar to stock (not blue). I like them better than my Hella H4 with stock wattage lights. If you want better you'll probably be wanting to upgrade the headlight wiring harness & installing relays.

Guess you should have just done with while you had it....

The Colorado BS thread

They last a while? Plug and play? Bright?!

Really looking for something that will be helpful getting to remote areas.

Yes yes and yes. 50,000 hours life. Super bright and light up everything not just in front of you but to the sides as well

Try this link

http://www.autozone.com/collision-b...s-4-0l-mfi/412572_167897_18273/?checkfit=true

Yeah I could've done it.

A lot of comments say they don't last long but I haven't changed one in my Red 97 in the almost 2 years I've owned it and I don't know how long before I bought it they were replaced.

LED's would probably last longer but I have no experience with them. If you go with LED's on the rear be careful with the wiring. You may need a trailer hitch wiring harness to link them in for the turn signal circuity and all.

Last edited:

Those things cannot be DOT legal.

I was wondering the same thing. Those appear to be huge flood lights. Nothing about them directs light down and over the roadway like other headlight designs. Those have dish shaped reflectors that have no function to direct light in a specific pattern other than all over.

No different than the off road LED light bars.

Those things cannot be DOT legal.

So far so good... Do you have vehicle inspections in Colorado?

We don't have inspections...but you can get pulled over all the same.

I had several people ask me about those lights, but I won't carry them due to them not being DOT approved.

I actually just got pulled over this weekend for my light bar. I was on a decent stretch of unlit highway between Granby and Grand Lake. Meant to turn the bar off to oncoming traffic but forgot to (by the time the LEO passed me). Small, not overly expensive ticket. My bar is mounted low in the front bumper of my truck, and is pointed pretty well down. I can't imagine how bad those are with no direction, and at headlight level.

The Colorado BS thread

Naw, just Powerstop. But they look just the same. :p

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

With zip ties, it'll hold. I have some stainless ones left over.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Who in the hell is your photographer?

I was wondering the same thing. Those appear to be huge flood lights. Nothing about them directs light down and over the roadway like other headlight designs. Those have dish shaped reflectors that have no function to direct light in a specific pattern other than all over.

No different than the off road LED light bars.

We don't have inspections...but you can get pulled over all the same.

I had several people ask me about those lights, but I won't carry them due to them not being DOT approved.

I actually just got pulled over this weekend for my light bar. I was on a decent stretch of unlit highway between Granby and Grand Lake. Meant to turn the bar off to oncoming traffic but forgot to (by the time the LEO passed me). Small, not overly expensive ticket. My bar is mounted low in the front bumper of my truck, and is pointed pretty well down. I can't imagine how bad those are with no direction, and at headlight level.

Interesting.

So I put them on this afternoon, Won't know what its like until tonight. I tried to point them downward.

Guess I'll find out soon.

Back