• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Interesting.

So I put them on this afternoon, Won't know what its like until tonight. I tried to point them downward.

Guess I'll find out soon.

Post what you find so people can see what everyone is talking about.

I have been contemplating cutting up the '86 MJ for a trailer, selling off the parts that I can. After seeing the prices people ask for this "junk," I'm having second thoughts...

I have been contemplating cutting up the '86 MJ for a trailer, selling off the parts that I can. After seeing the prices people ask for this "junk," I'm having second thoughts...

Cut it. No one is paying anything for an '86 unless it's low miles with all the bells and whistles and a strong 2.8L. Indeed, MJ prices are climbing, but folks are still particular about getting a 4.0. '86's stay on craigs for quite some time and rarely sell.

What color interior?

For those that know the place.......

The Coyote Cantina restaurant and bar in Buena Vista has been seized by the Dept. of Revenue for failure to pay taxes. They're having an auction (tomorrow) of all of the property in the restaurant.

Lots of cool antique odds and ends, collectibles, neon, bar decoration, that cool old jail cell and John Denver's Kawasaki dirt bike.......

20160517_122736.jpg

20160517_122907.jpg

o%20(1).jpg

Cut it. No one is paying anything for an '86 unless it's low miles with all the bells and whistles and a strong 2.8L. Indeed, MJ prices are climbing, but folks are still particular about getting a 4.0. '86's stay on craigs for quite some time and rarely sell.

What color interior?

I was hoping you would chime in.

I have two interiors, I think both are red. I'll get a picture this evening.

What are you asking for it?

Red Interiors are the most abundant in the '86's. Unfortunately.

Column shift columns and the cables, bucket seats, center consoles, half consoles and the lower sill trim along the carpet, the rear cab panels - carpeted and the long plastic below the window are about the only pieces desired enough to save.

If the e-brake assembly works well, that and the long cable attached to it are also worth saving.

If the fuel senders are working, pulling the entire sender/float/pickup tube assembly is also something hard to find.

Rear bumpers are $300 if straight with good end caps. With the brackets too.

If you can get the rear window rubber trim off without ripping it, those will fetch $60. If the back window has never been re-glued or replaced, they can come off fairly easily, but if a glass shop did any work on it, they likely over-glued it.

The BIGGEST issue with pulling and saving MJ parts in Colorado is......... there aren't many folks in Colorado needing them. The big demand is the north eastern states. They wan't 'em, but aren't generally willing to pay for the outrageous shipping.

The Coyote Cantina restaurant and bar in Buena Vista has been seized by the Dept. of Revenue for failure to pay taxes. They're having an auction (tomorrow) of all of the property in the restaurant.

Lots of cool antique odds and ends, collectibles, neon, bar decoration, that cool old jail cell and John Denver's Kawasaki dirt bike.......

20160517_122736.jpg

20160517_122907.jpg

o%20(1).jpg
I do believe Sheila would actually kill me...:eyes:

That place used to be really good. My Uncle and I went there after a Chinaman's solo run while he was visiting back in 2004-ish?

Went there after my first run in the buggy on Carnage.

The food was...just...wow. I got a fajita plate and pretty much everything looked like it had just from a can, that had been partially frozen and now thawed out.

The place was decently dead, and the service was still incredibly slow.

Quite possibly the worst food I had ever paid for.

Sucks, because I remember that place being awesome and packed back in the day.

Never had bad food there, never had great food there, but I wouldn't have expected it. They were doing enough business to pay taxes, I'd guess someone had a habit.

I'M ON VACATION. :cheers: for a couple of months, unless they call me in. :(

What are you asking for it?

I think you were out of the country when I drug this "project" home.

UPLOADS303.jpg

Yes, it has the mighty 2.5l, and a lot of extra parts!

DSCN3328.jpg

DSCN3332.jpg

DSCN3331.jpg

All this extra stuff has to be worth something!

DSCN3333.jpg

I need to go to Mike's and check out his hippy bus.

For when 4340 will "probably" do, but you aren't about "probably" :laugh:

300M RCV's for a Dana 60:

20160519_114619_zpshnh9cxbm.jpg

After a bit of work, working out some small issues/bugs...she's nearly fully ready. Got to pull her out and take her for a spin.

20160521_173148_zps08ajswbu.jpg

Some fixed ORI's and some body panels...and she'll be good and DONE done.

Spotted many xj rigs up by me this past weekend...lol...drivers parked trying to look hardcore with armorall tires and super clean paint job...lol...no way have those rigs been anywhere difficult looking that sharp...any who I got no rig to wheel for at least 2 months ...been working in the rain knocking out the boat sides ...still debating doors or tube...either way the super hi line was the right choice , well for a trail rig .

Spotted many xj rigs up by me this past weekend...lol...drivers parked trying to look hardcore with armorall tires and super clean paint job...lol...no way have those rigs been anywhere difficult looking that sharp...any who I got no rig to wheel for at least 2 months ...been working in the rain knocking out the boat sides ...still debating doors or tube...either way the super hi line was the right choice , well for a trail rig .

I miss seeing Cherokees that actually looked nice. Everyone thinks you need a piece of shit to wheel now. When was the last time you saw an xj wheeling that wasn't clapped out.

This is by far my all time favorite "XJ" Its not just another hacked up unibody, it all looks very well thoughtout and executed super clean. You NEED to send some pics to Tim Mcgee and see if you can setup a shoot. I guarantee it will at the very least get into CRAWL magazine if not on the cover.

Justin that's a lot of beef in that front.

Yup! :D

This is by far my all time favorite "XJ" Its not just another hacked up unibody, it all looks very well thoughtout and executed super clean. You NEED to send some pics to Tim Mcgee and see if you can setup a shoot. I guarantee it will at the very least get into CRAWL magazine if not on the cover.

Funny ya say that...:D

I've known Tim for a while, spent a long drive stuffed in the back of a Dodge Truck on our way our with a buddy (who was competing, and now owns Trail Jeeps) in the W.E. Rock Grand Nationals in Spring, Texas. He hit me up last Summer after ColoradoFest...we've been working on getting it done. Hence why I need to get the rest of the panels taken care of :D

I miss seeing Cherokees that actually looked nice. Everyone thinks you need a piece of shit to wheel now. When was the last time you saw an xj wheeling that wasn't clapped out.

You can't do hard trails and keep a full body rig looking like a show piece ...that's why a clean sharp xj on 37's is a rig that gets used very easy...lol...nothing wrong with that just funny when the owner acts like they are doing Carnage when they only do SHG and mope around when some bushes scuff the clear coat .

Back