• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Cramp buster because I have a broken bone in my right hand and I can't make a full grip on the throttle without pain and discomfort, especially if riding more than about 15-20 minutes. I went for an almost 4hour ride on Monday and my hand was hurting throughout the next day. Luckily the fracture in my pelvis has healed up enough that sitting in the seat no longer causes me any serious pain.

My iphone doubles as my GPS, plus its nice to see when somebody is calling (like the wife) so if needed I can pull over and answer.

Oh yeah, and I don't need a cup holder because I wear a camel back. Besides, its the BMW GS' that hang out at Starbucks. Not the KTM Adventures. Get it right. :D

The Colorado BS thread

Rode solo up to Estes Park. I went through Boulder and took HWY-36 to Lyons and then made a right to go up the HWY-36 part of the loop into Estes Park. It was a great ride up and at one point I went into an almost trance like state where it opened up to 2 lanes and I sailed past the cars making the transition from Left turn to Right turn and back without any conscious thought. Then I looked down and saw I was doing 65+ and was kind of shocked. I had made that section of turns without even trying or thinking about what I was doing at a speed a lot faster than I would have done had I been thinking about it. It was pretty sweet to say the least.

I stopped at the Estes Park Brewery for a pint and a bite then headed outside to ride home. It was trying to rain so I donned my wet weather gear and headed down the HWY-7 side of the loop. The roads were damp but minus a few drops here and there it never did rain.

Going through the turns wasn't as smooth going downhill as it was going up. I was constantly aware of the damp roads and just took my time. I still managed to out pace the cars on the road with the exception of a BMW. Then out of nowhere 2 street fighter time sport bikes were on my arse. I hugged the centerline and waved them by. The dudes were wearing jeans, boots, and leather vests with an MC patch on them. Seemed odd as they were dressed like HD guys but on sport bikes (and not Buells either). Farther down the road I saw them pulled over and chatting and they were of Asian ethnicity. Whatever, they didn't run me off the road or nothing so to each their own.

I made it home just before a storm hit. All in all a good ride and I am getting more and more comfy in the twists. The cramp buster definitely helped my still healing right hand and the bike rode great.

Nothing better after two weeks of volunteer work then to go shooting while running spring creek in your dads jeep followed up by some good old fashioned Mexican food to fill yourself up.

I got chimichanga burps.

at 10 am? That is a good start to the day...

Anyone watch that street racing show on discovery? Pretty entertaining.

The Colorado BS thread

New tires and tubes. I went with OEM spec Pirelli Scorpion MT90's

null_zps45ab2751.jpg

null_zpsaca0a6ae.jpg

I kept the near new MotoZ front plus the old rear tube. Strapped up nicely on the back.

null_zps16b0d712.jpg

The Colorado BS thread

Tire was encroaching on my space so I moved it to the side. Sits perfectly.

null_zpse030c3b9.jpg

And now I get to hurry home because my national guard unit is getting called up for the fires.

Well my unit is on the way to Alamosa. I wasn't allowed to go because of my medical limitations from the injuries I sustained in the motorcycle wreck. I finally got home at 8am after doing my part to get my section through the admin process and get all their vehicles prepped and ready. Part of this included going down to Buckley and driving vehicles up to the unit at 3am. They rolled out at 6am for the long drive down, hopefully all goes well with the convoy and they can get started ASAP.

dunno why I didn't think of it earlier. You should look into an ohlins or gpr for that thing. They help so so so much and ade adjustable.

dunno why I didn't think of it earlier. You should look into an ohlins or gpr for that thing. They help so so so much and ade adjustable.

What are you talking about? Steering dampeners?

The new tires made a huge difference in the way it rides. It no longer gets scary wiggle on grooved concrete and when full throttle it no longer starts getting a wobble at 75-80mph. Those knobbies where definitely a hindrance for street riding. I'm getting the forks rebuilt on wed and then it'll pretty much be where I need/want it. Next up is a small, light weight little enduro. I'm looking at something like a KLX250S or WR250R. Basically a barely street legal dirt bike.

Last edited:

ya. The ohlins one would probably work great in your application. Gpr tend to be a bit bulky. They really change the feel of the front end and settle down a lot of road wiggles and jerking from rocks or cracks.
ya I am surprised you stayed on knobbies that long. Check out some of the Dunlop rain tires and such. Meant for streetbikes to tackle rain and gravel but great on dual sports that see mostly road miles.

I've been looking at steering dampeners and will probably go with an Emig. On the 950Adv the steering dampener mounts on top of the triple clamp and attaches to threaded holes on the frame.

If I find myself really sticking with the street then I'm going to get the Continental Trail Attack 2's as my next tire.

Greetings from Mexico you turds! Now if you'll excuse me, I must go drink more free alcohol.

Remember, it is considered rude not to eat the ice cubes. :piratefla

Don't forget the feces-infused lettuce wraps. Mmmmm Mmmmmmm :puke:

Go to the Carneceria and buy some Treda. It works when Imodium AD doesn't.

Back