• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Off Road High Steer Track Bar Mount

Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

This is the first new product we will offer in our new WJ knuckle conversion kit. This is intended for the customer that wants to piece things together himself. We brace the bottom of the spring perch and the back of the track bar bracket. The mounting holes is 9/16" diameter and the width is 1.6". Our HD track bar bushing will fit or a Currie JK track bar Johnny joint will fit.

1238302_592908104083687_783784898_n.jpg

1239665_592908180750346_1035637025_n.jpg

1236294_592908307417000_765693403_n.jpg

61834_592908370750327_611290192_n.jpg

580295_592908384083659_1959834602_n.jpg

Check out all the photos here:

Alex
Marketing Director
Clayton Off Road

Looks nice. What else are you guys going to include in the WJ kit?

I have the knuckles, rotors and calipers. I need everything else. I like you guys better than "the other guys" so I'm curious to see what else you will have.

Any particular reason why you didn't make this bracket 2" to fit a standard rod end?

I'm curious to see how far the drag link clears the new track bar bracket. That's what's got me hesitant on going through with this upgrade.
Like Ryan, I have the calipers, knuckles, rotors, also the JKS spacer and unit bearings. All I need is the track bar bracket and steering linkage.

Looks nice. What else are you guys going to include in the WJ kit?

I have the knuckles, rotors and calipers. I need everything else. I like you guys better than "the other guys" so I'm curious to see what else you will have.

We are going to sell it in pieces, so you can buy whatever you need and not spend money on what you already have. Clayton has been working on this and some other new products and is hoping to have it released by the end of October at the latest.

Alex
Marketing Director
Clayton Off Road

So it will fit the other parts they sell. Makes sense to me. I'd do it that way too if I already had the ends for sale that were 1.6"

Seems foolish to handicap the system with that small of a joint

i'd say they used their "narrow" joint to avoid issues with a) the coil spring and b) the steering linkage. I don't see it being handicapped by doing this - AFAIK strength is the same for both the standard and narrow joints

i'd say they used their "narrow" joint to avoid issues with a) the coil spring and b) the steering linkage. I don't see it being handicapped by doing this - AFAIK strength is the same for both the standard and narrow joints

The joint life is not the same. You will be replacing 1.6" joints a lot more than 2" joints

IMO, they could have made that mount out of 3/16" instead of 1/4" and used a 2" joint.

The joint life is not the same. You will be replacing 1.6" joints a lot more than 2" joints

IMO, they could have made that mount out of 3/16" instead of 1/4" and used a 2" joint.

If you plan on using rod ends on your track bar, it's a moot point. More width wouldn't increase surface area on the race.

I could see your point if you were planning on using a bushing of some sort.

Either way I think it's fine.

Back