• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chiva 5.21.11

ya I wheeled it in ca before I came to arizona, when It had a two inch and those tires, with a club out there and it suprised the heck out of me.We will just have to see where she's sitting when the run comes up.

I made it to chiva a few times when i had my 235's and no lift you'll have no problem, just gotta be watched to make sure you get good lines

I think the hardest part will be coming up three feathers but it is do-able, and maybe the up hill before the falls, Plan on using your skid plates there. I now have a 4.5 inch lift and just got 33's and went out yesterday and i still hit a bit. Your lines are critical, but you can make it. These guys here on NAXJA are amazing four wheelers and are the most friendly guys i've met, you'll have fun.

Kinda late on this...but just for future readers. We had a guy out with us the 2nd time I went out there in a bone stock 01 xj. No lift. No lockers. Tiny at tires. He made it to the falls n back without a scratch...proper line choice and take ur time is all it takes. He had some trouble getting up 3 feathers but eventually made it up un assisted. Remember if your having traction difficulties you can use your park brake to partially fool the limited slip to give you that little extra traction needed sometimes.

I wont be able to make it this time...will be in Dallas for a wedding.

I had 235's on, now its totally different from then, now the fenders are cut, it has 33 inch BFG KM2's and I took you guys' advise and put a locker in the front.

I miss Chiva. That was my first rock trail, driving my first car, 94 Geo Tracker. I ran it all the way to the falls completely stock on 225/75s. Loads of fun. Used to run it every other month or so, interspersed with Charoulough. Ran it in the XJ on 30s and it was a night and day difference. The Tracker was all about momentum, the XJ made it easy.

Back