• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinamans

If there's a convoy coming up from Springs, I'll wait and join in.

91 Jeep Project said:
Never been to the trailhead, easy to find?

Do you remember where the trailhead to Carnage (BV) is just south of Johnson Village?IT shares the same entrance road.The entrance road now has signs at the green gate so it should be easy to find.

formatt said:
9:00 am sounds perfect. I heard the "Trail Damage" crew was going to run it that day too.... there's going to be a LOT of rigs there on Saturday. The earlier the better.

Maybe we should let the TD gang go ahead of us since we're going to have some "rookies"(no offense) in our group -just to avoid any potential bitching and whining from the other group.Thoughts on this???????Or we can hit the trail even earlier.Makes no difference to me- what ever works best for the group.

91 Jeep Project said:
South from Johnson's and a right turn onto a dirt road, that sound right?

Head south just before you would cross the bridge at JV.Go 1-1.5 miles down the dirt road (county road 300 I believe). There will be a green metal gate on your LEFT with signs posted for Carnage and Chinamans.Enter through the gate (make sure to close it when through) and straight ahead is the parking/staging area.If you continue straight it leads to Carnage trailhead,if you take the dirt track heading north from the parking/staging area it leads to Chinamans trailhead.

planefixer said:
Head south just before you would cross the bridge at JV.Go 1-1.5 miles down the dirt road (county road 300 I believe). There will be a green metal gate on your LEFT with signs posted for Carnage and Chinamans.Enter through the gate (make sure to close it when through) and straight ahead is the parking/staging area.If you continue straight it leads to Carnage trailhead,if you take the dirt track heading north from the parking/staging area it leads to Chinamans trailhead.

Right, gate on the left, don't pick up hitch hikers, blah, blah. Sounds like I remember it, thanks........:thumbup:

I'm in! Trailhead at 9:30 am Sat. Did it once as rookie. Finished my build and can't wait to run it now. I'm going to run Eagle Rock first on Friday if anyone else is off???

Hey Riverfever, you can do this with a mostly stock XJ. I only had 2" lift, 31's, and disconects. However, plan on being intimidated. I was by myself, and at one point thought I took a wrong turn because it deadended. It wasn't a wrong turn or a dead end! As a inexperenced wheeler myself, the trail is fun but not mild. Be prepared for a long pucker session. My avatar is Chinaman's.

I've got 3" and 31's with disconnects along with what I believe to be a good smattering of the other stuff (Hi-Lift, full size spare, tow points, CB. Tonight I'm getting a tow strap and fire extinguisher (hope I don't need that). I think my biggest fear is something getting damaged. I do not have sliders and it's my DD. You have no idea how scared I already am. I might have to stop for #2 on the trail if I get all worked up. Should be fun for those that know what they're doing. I'm even leaving the dog home so she's not in the way and distracting me. I have wanted to do this for a long time so we'll see.

riverfever said:
I've got 3" and 31's with disconnects along with what I believe to be a good smattering of the other stuff (Hi-Lift, full size spare, tow points, CB. Tonight I'm getting a tow strap and fire extinguisher (hope I don't need that). I think my biggest fear is something getting damaged. I do not have sliders and it's my DD. You have no idea how scared I already am. I might have to stop for #2 on the trail if I get all worked up. Should be fun for those that know what they're doing. I'm even leaving the dog home so she's not in the way and distracting me. I have wanted to do this for a long time so we'll see.

It will be much easier with other people. I was alone. Zero body damage. Only one place I would have taken a strap. Since that wasn't an option, took 45 min to stack/ unstack rocks. Very tight and rocky, but you'll be fine. It's all about your lines.

riverfever said:

It will be much easier with other people. I was alone. Zero body damage. I had no skids. Only one place I would have taken a strap. Since that wasn't an option, took 45 min to stack/ unstack rocks. Very tight and rocky, but you'll be fine. It's all about your lines.

riverfever said:

Dont be scared, be excited.Once you're on the trail you'll be ok.We'll get you through just fine.You may get a dent in a rocker panel and /or some pinstriping but nothing major.:D

I can't camp this time but I'll meet you guy's at the trailhead 9:30a Saturday.

Hopefully my hi-steer set-up will come in this week. I've bent my tie rod 3 times now and it's probably getting weak.

See you all there,
Terry

Looks like I caused some confusion by posting 9:30. Jeff, could you please post the offical time to meet at the trail head? I'm going to grab breakfast at the McDonalds in Woodland Park and plan to leave from there 1.5 hours prior to Jeff's posted meeting time for the trail head. Anyone from the Springs who does not know how to get there and wants to follow me out meet me McD.

Yes, an official time would be good. I like Cottonwood, but can't make it an overnighter this time. Look forward to meeting up with you guys on the trail though. I would be ok meeting up in Woodland park too.

Oh ya, Riverfever, Planefixer is right. The trail rocks, you'll have a blast!
Pinstriping, that's funny!

Official time to be at the trailhead will be 9:00 a.m.

Sounds like the Trail Damage crew are running the trail also ,with up to 20 rigs possible. I heard they were shooting for a later start time so we should probably try to put some distance between us and them.I'll try to contact someone in their group to see when they plan on starting.We dont need one group holding up the other because thats when the bitching and finger-pointing starts and I'd rather avoid that and have a good day of wheelin'.

Back