• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinamans

91 Jeep Project said:
Bean's - They are in Windsor, which is a hell of a drive for you.

Well if they're substancially lower than the $1k install price I was quoted, I'd make the drive. I just can't seem to find anyone that has the tools for BOTH axles, and I'm not going to do just one (it's my DD, so it needs to be done in the same day)

Is Chinamans still on for the 8th? Anyone driving up Saturday morning from the Springs?

Myself and a few others aren't going to be able to go until the weekend of the 15th-16th -Easter weekend (still got some building & repairing to do).

Ill be there, pending work and testing. Jeep wont have changed much. :(

Oh, and if this happens the weekend of the 15-16th, that will be a fun weekend. Fri: David Alan Coe/Railbenders Sat/Sun: Wheeling Mon: Nuggets at Rockets. party1:

Last edited:
The 15th would work for me. Let's do it when more people are ready to go. I got the new leafs and 34s on Friday so I'm ready to try it out. I could use the extra time to get a new pair of shocks for the back since the old ones don't reach and it's a little bounce running around with no shocks

I wanted to go next weekend, but after all my work I'm a little concerned to take it out of town. I should be over it by the weekend of the 15th. That's good for me. New lockers, gears, lift, tires, reworked breaks, and steering, and drive shaft. Every little noise is trippin me out. Probably give Eagle Rock a go this weekend to give it a workout.

If all goes as planned I am probably going to go. I have never been off road. The gal and I like to explore the forest roads up here after dinner on nice nights. However, I was informed last night by Mr. Planefixer that those are simply dirt roads. Welllllllll exxcccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssseeeeee me :) .

In an effort to make sure that my brute of a Jeep can be all it can be I did the front brakes today and if I have time will do the rears as well. Also changed the fluid in the rear diff. Now I know what I will be asking my 27 splines of fury to conquer. I must say there are plenty of times when I get scared on forest roads. I even thought I was gonna tip it once on a big dirt mound. It was silly hectic and if IIRC the sun was in my eyes and I had to pee.

Some of you will scoff but I assure you...I know that I will be worse than some of your wives/gf's...but I have thick skin. I'm ALL man...so bring it.

Seriously though, I really do want to learn some off road techniques and I'll just be a sponge. The only reason I hesitate about going is that I know how much you all love wheeling and I really don't have a clue. I do not want to hold you all up or cause grief. If it's not appropriate for me to go...speak up please. I'm a big boy I can handle rejection. However, if I am allowed to join you I will be looking for a big shoulder to cry on if in fact I encounter any problems. Who's up for that? Anyone?

riverfever said:
If all goes as planned I am probably going to go. I have never been off road. The gal and I like to explore the forest roads up here after dinner on nice nights. However, I was informed last night by Mr. Planefixer that those are simply dirt roads. Welllllllll exxcccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssseeeeee me :) .

In an effort to make sure that my brute of a Jeep can be all it can be I did the front brakes today and if I have time will do the rears as well. Also changed the fluid in the rear diff. Now I know what I will be asking my 27 splines of fury to conquer. I must say there are plenty of times when I get scared on forest roads. I even thought I was gonna tip it once on a big dirt mound. It was silly hectic and if IIRC the sun was in my eyes and I had to pee.

Some of you will scoff but I assure you...I know that I will be worse than some of your wives/gf's...but I have thick skin. I'm ALL man...so bring it.

Seriously though, I really do want to learn some off road techniques and I'll just be a sponge. The only reason I hesitate about going is that I know how much you all love wheeling and I really don't have a clue. I do not want to hold you all up or cause grief. If it's not appropriate for me to go...speak up please. I'm a big boy I can handle rejection. However, if I am allowed to join you I will be looking for a big shoulder to cry on if in fact I encounter any problems. Who's up for that? Anyone?

Like I said....You've got to start sometime and Chinamans is a damn good place to learn.We'll help you out as needed.Its all about learning and having fun.:sunshine:

I'm planning on heading up Friday afternoon/evening.Is anyone else heading up Fri.?????

Do we have a plan for a meeting time at the trail head? Anyone running up from the Springs Saturday morning?

How about 9:30 just to make it a little easer to drive there in the morning?

Back