• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cars you hate

My hate deepens even more for the H2 when every other commercial during the playoff games is showing them bouncing over rocks....

Anyone else wear off the "mute" button on the remote?

friday.gif

I can't believe no one mentioned the AMC Pacer fish bowl.

By the way, the Suburu Forester I have may be ugly but it runs like a beest in the snow, even with 172,000 miles. Of course, anything much over a foot and I'd probably be driving the XJ. Did you know they even make lifts for em.

I like the idea of the Forester 2.5XT...hmuble looking Forester with the power to outrun the majority of vehicles you're likely to come across...

XJ_MAC said:
I can't believe no one mentioned the AMC Pacer fish bowl.

By the way, the Suburu Forester I have may be ugly but it runs like a beest in the snow, even with 172,000 miles. Of course, anything much over a foot and I'd probably be driving the XJ. Did you know they even make lifts for em.
The Pacers were ugly but this is a thread about cars you hate so...I would have to say I kind a like them. But then again I have always been a little weird.

Hate is such a strong emotion...but

I can't stand the new (or old) T-birds. My first car was a 73 429, drove it for six months or so. That swore me off em then and forever.

or Fairmonts (folks had a wagon, with a 3 speed) or Grenada's too! Nerd Alert!

Ford Festivas and Chevy Novas/ Metros etc... scary.

XJs I hated for awhile. While I was off at Army OSUT in '85, my folks bought a Cherokee 4cyl/5spd. It was a huge POS/lemon? that they stuck with for 5 years. Based on that experience, I was REALLY leery when I bought my 89MJ in '00... Since then, I have bought four more (all 87-90 4.0) and they have at least proven consistent.

IMO the Scion and Element stand in a class of their own for fuggly modern cars.

Hopefully most of the wierd old ones have past on to a happier place ... who sees Citations, or Gremlins, Pacers, Pintos, Chevettes, anymore? I see a lone pinto wagon out there occasionally... and I have seen two Pacers in the past six months. (one was "mint") the few odd & frugal mailfolks swear by their Eagles... Somewhere in cyberspace, there are enthusiast clubs to NAXJA where Gremlin X folks are making lemonade on Pacer X fans, who make fun of the Vega crowd who in turn flame the Pinto Few. The Yugo folks keep getting DNS messages.

I don't see many "new" cars/xuv/trucks that would suit my needs or price range well, and it's easy to love/hate cars out of one's market...

For LOL sake, my 88 XJ Limited had a sticker price of just under $24,000 (don't know what the orig owner paid) The last new XJ (4.0 sport with options) I looked at on the lot in 01 was $21k :dunno:

I can't stand the interiors in most of the GM cars. That cheesy grey plastic on everything keeps me from buying any of their vehicles. Of course this is coming from a Forester XT owner so............

well...my fav car would be a subaru WRX. least fav, a riced out WRX. i rode in one once. looked stock, wasent overly loud, did t have a coffee can muffler. but it would run 12.8's or so in the quarter. built for business, not looks. For that matter, i hate anything riced out...even seen some mini-vans attempt to be rice!!?? whats with that? really, you can build a fast honda or something, without a 6" muffler, and a huge wing. or, how about the pic that was floating around online and in a few mags, of someones attempt to rice a wrangler?? bright green wing bolted to the hard top??? whats with that....

Never really liked cars period! I think any of the new models any more are for the most part not very nice, to much plastic. But that Scion is just hideus, would love to park on top of one just to make me feel better.

:lecture: modern NASACAR race cars (nothing stock about them,Just rolling billboards).Ford taurus,any front drive vehicle,Kcars,Dodge Dynastys,minivans all rice boys and thier cars,except the toyota supra and the nissan Zcars.Any mustang with less than a V8 under the hood, Cutlesses with rims so big diameter that the car has to be lifted,seems to be a growing trend around here.The 1958 chevrolet cars,the 97 and up F150s,74-77 camaros with the big bumpers.Avalanches with the cladding.Any 2wd Jeep or Jeeps w IFS,Wranglers that have been Chromed out,All the gay Cute Utes (Escape RAV4,Element,CRV,ect) and anything with Kia,Daewoo,or Hyundai written on it,and lastly XJs with white walls.

Dan1990XJ said:
I really hate Geo Metros, always have always will
I want one to put a Northstar in the back. Then I'll hate it because I will be in jail (not working there).

This is an old thread, but I love to hate. I hate SUVs with blings because of their yuppie-sl*t mom drivers. i agree with many others listed here too (how can you disagree with the x-body and k-cars listed). the scion though looks much like a lowered XJ...brick on wheels. and the Forester XT is just badass...hard to believe so many people hate it here. it is like the cherokee...nimble, light, powerful capable and plain...good car, more worthy succesor to the cherokee than the liberty. certainly not a pretty car (the '05 are better), but pretty cool in 210 hp XT guise.

Back