• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage....

Mac wish I would have know the pump was bad, I also use the e2000 pump would have only been a 10 minute swap. Lesson learned just because the pump is making noise and there is some pressure in the line doesn't mean that it is working. Swapping out a pump would have been a-lot easier than being pulled/freewheeling down the mountain, almost falling of the side, and the subsequent winchfest to get the jeep on the trailer.

and better pickups will be the next upgrade.

I would've never guessed it was bad with it still running.

I'll remember this if mine ever does that. The one on mine is the original one from the first fuel cell i put in...6 years ago...

mac 'live and learn' gyvr

I'm amazed Jennie didn't break something, she likes to travel 30+ on the trails.

needs a race car..... can we put ours in one together? Sam is applying throttle more liberally as she gets comfortable....she could be at ultra 4 levels in a year :eek:

I didn't really break anything until after the crawl. During the crawl I managed to catch my rear carpet on fire twice, and actually hit water fast enough to get a quart worth of water in my airbox.....through my snorkel. Dan has the pic.

Sunday morning when I pulled out of camp with the camper in tow, I broke a rear driveshaft about 2 miles down the highway. pretty sure I started it after lower can opener or fish fossil. It didnt take long with the added weight of the camper for it to cut loose. took about 45 min to swap it out with my spare on the side of the road.

IMG_20120708_104547.jpg

Welcome to the club Stump! Lets just say it was fish fossil for fun.

Why does their "trophy" look cooler? Looks like they used the parts that actually broke...

Haha ya they are all legit broke parts. I have a piece of a broken drive shaft on the trophy and the rest is all Jay, haha go figure. Brian I'm still considering welding my bent wheel from this trip to the trophy. That would make it almost as half of the wight of that drum. Lol. Once I pull that broken chromoly shaft it's for sure going on though.

Rocks smashed and ripped off my magnaflow exhaust lol, two busted tail lights, smashed hatch, passenger rear quarter panel caved in from "Valve stem" trail, rear cut and fold peeled back ripping hole in floor, driver side rear quarter panel dented, and rear bumper just about falling off now.

Less glitter paint, broke main leaf and something screwy in the transfer case. I noticed this trip that the motor has absolutely no power left and it doesnt want to go over 2krpm with any load in 2wd. That issue is a few nuts and bolts away. Also got denied at the end of middle rock garden due to less than impressive power levels and rockers got in the way. All of this will be resolved this week and I'm ready to do it again!

NSS, muffler, front drive shaft, PCM fuse.

Oh yea Add ECM or PCM fuse to my list and will add it to the glove box.... popped it in Lions Den.... nothign more scary then a dead jeep there IMHO!

Glenn, what was wrong with your winch? I forgot about that.

Yep, you sure deserved the carnage award!

Glenn, what was wrong with your winch? I forgot about that.

Yep, you sure deserved the carnage award!

I think the motor is going south.... not really sure. I need to send it in to be serviced but funds are not their.

One of these days, Glenn is just going to haul off and kill us all for making fun of him some much... :D

I ain't afraid of no Ghost! :D

Back