• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling FULL TRACTION owners

jerseyjeep01 said:
I just purchased my FT long arms from Quadratec last night! I will let you all know how the install goes and plenty of pics will be taken!
Update?

I'm curious what your impressions of it are? I'm leaning more and more towards this kit everyday.

Just finishing it up now. The install is taking a little longer than I originally thought. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the kit. The directions they provide for the install suck! I'm still not sure about the sway bar extensions? Is my kit missing them? Does anyone have a quality pic of them welded in?

jerseyjeep01 said:
Just finishing it up now. The install is taking a little longer than I originally thought. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the kit. The directions they provide for the install suck! I'm still not sure about the sway bar extensions? Is my kit missing them? Does anyone have a quality pic of them welded in?
I'm sure with any longarm kit your going to run into some issues. I heard about the instructions being a little vague. I'm surprised they haven't updated them.

Looking forward to the after pics!

Pharaoh XJ said:
I thought this kit was fully bolt on !!!
I talked to Steve at Full Traction last week, and he mentioned several times its 100% bolt on.

The kit does have crappy instructions. I did mine a little different because I integrated a full frame and all of my brackets are welded into the frame, but I do remember that there is a sway bar part that gets welded, or cut. If you need pics, I can take shots of what you want.

Been running the FT 6" for about 2 years.. I went from 31's to 35's at lift time, so I can't directly comment on running 31's with this lift. But it will feel much different. LA's greatly reduce bump steer, so that will quickly be noticed.

Depending on the width etc, you will probably have a lot of roll with 31's.

For those in NJ, be aware going over 4" mandates a high rise inspection. There is no grace period, so the moment you get on the road (technically) you are illegal :(. Just something to be aware of..

Kent

ok so i got the FT lift about a yr or 2 ago and i first ran 31s and it wasnt so great it looked dumb and was a little scarry driving on the hwy. i then went to 33s and am on them now it rides great in city and on hwy. i just drove it crosscountry at 65-70 from Co to Cali to WA and it did great. i would go with FT anyday and there product is well made. good luck and i hope this helps. oh and ill b going 37s soon i hope so ill let u know how they compare.

Pharaoh XJ said:
PICS NOW !!

Since you asked.......

BEFORE:
CIMG0807.jpg

AFTER:
CIMG0977.jpg

CIMG0979.jpg

CIMG0978.jpg

CIMG0976.jpg

During the down time before we tore into the jeep I got a little bored.... so I painted the arms..... flame on.

The install took a little while but its driveable now. It need an alignment and the rear shocks have to be mounted. The studs on the rear shocks broke off so I have to get drilling.

And yes, she has a date with a grinder. There will be some trimming going on REAL SOON the help those 35's out.

redneck23ms said:
rock krawler also makes a 4 link kit for the jeepspeed series racers
JNickel101 said:
Rock Krawler has a 4-link LA/"pre runner" setup too....

IIRC, their springs are made by Deaver....

rock krawler will not sell you their 4 link unless your a member of their gay little asspirate club (jeepspeeders only)

...can you tell im pissed? i thought JS required you to run a kit thats commercially available? so why is it the other way around?

also, rock krawler shows their 'kits' as including the deaver springs, which are not included... so why put them in the picture? besides to confuse people.

i was semi happy with their 3 link, but im not jumping thru hoops to buy their 4 link, i'll probably for FT or claytons...

jerseyjeep01 said:
Since you asked.......
That turned out awesome! About how much lift did it provide? Over 6"?

xjeepers2 said:
ok so i got the FT lift about a yr or 2 ago and i first ran 31s and it wasnt so great it looked dumb and was a little scarry driving on the hwy. i then went to 33s and am on them now it rides great in city and on hwy. i just drove it crosscountry at 65-70 from Co to Cali to WA and it did great. i would go with FT anyday and there product is well made. good luck and i hope this helps. oh and ill b going 37s soon i hope so ill let u know how they compare.
After seeing your kit first hand, and watching it perform, I started to seriously consider the kit when I got home from TSF. I realized buying RE short arms would just be a waste of money in the long run.

Back