• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

California takes a step backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wait, I thought the Bible was full of scientific fact???? :D

I actually met a very devout Christian who was convinced the existance of dinosaurs was a myth. I asked her about fossilized remains - she claimed they were part of a giant conspiracy/hoax against Christians and were put in the ground by non-believers.

This was about 7 years ago. I still laugh today about the conversation.

JNickel101 said:
But wait, I thought the Bible was full of scientific fact???? :D

I actually met a very devout Christian who was convinced the existance of dinosaurs was a myth. I asked her about fossilized remains - she claimed they were part of a giant conspiracy/hoax against Christians and were put in the ground by non-believers.

This was about 7 years ago. I still laugh today about the conversation.

Thats not a common believe as far as I know. Most believe dinos. existed alongside man, before the flood.
They believe in most of the same events that "heathens";) believe in, they just use a much more compressed timeline where the events took place over a 6000 year period and not 4.5 million years.

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind that dinosaurs existed. The lady you talked with was most likely one of the more...odd...ones. Kinda like with Mormons. Most aren't polygamists with 15 yr old wives. But, there is the occasional freak like we just found in N AZ and in OK I think it was. Wherever that big compound was that they just pulled 400+ kids out of.
I have a hard time placing when the dinosaurs were around and whatnot. The Bible doesn't really speak specifically to dinosaurs walked with man, it mentions the leviathan a couple times but I don't know fully when/where the dinos were in relation to man.

IXNAYXJ said:
Unreal. You can't be serious.

-----Matt-----

Yep, they discount carbon dating completely. The great flood washed over the land and buried the dinos. under the layers of earth we see today.
I have problems with this timeline as well as the feasability of other biblical stories.

Right...so they put 2 of every animal on the ark, except the dinosaurs...

The Bible also has no issues with massive inbreeding either, apparently...

BlackSport96 said:
I have a hard time placing when the dinosaurs were around and whatnot. The Bible doesn't really speak specifically to dinosaurs walked with man, it mentions the leviathan a couple times but I don't know fully when/where the dinos were in relation to man.

The dinosaurs were a huge sticking point for bible believers. Theyve only got about 5000-6000 years to fit them in, and theyve obviously not existed for the last couple thousand or we would have written record of them, so really only 3 or 4 thousand years to fit them in. So they pretty much had to put them side by side with humans.

I know what this thread needs...

chsneezing930615.gif

chprophets930308.gif

This thread is useless without pics.
I really like that last one.

I wish I could remember where I had read about some Human remains that were recently found. It was very interesting because the Catholic Church was scared to death of the discovery. It had something to do with if the time frame could be proved it substantiated evolution. The Church was trying to get the remains Sealed in some court overseas.

But of course, if evolution was proved (or proved any MORE obviously than it already has been) the Catholic form of Government would lose out on being able to raise money and make a profit. If that happened, they'd have no way of paying off the huge court (or out of court) settlements for the children they rape and/or molest.

Let us all move forward...

Many of you have some very good questions. There are answers for each question, no one disputes that. The question each of us must answer for ourselves is which answer do we live with. I have made it quite clear which answer I believe to be true.

There was a time when I had very similar questions, and made some of the same arguments many of you have put forth. I lived my life with out any real sense of purpose, other then my job, the woman I was married to, and the son I was raising.

When Jesus Christ revealed to me personally that He did in fact die for my sins, I was crushed, and I repented from my sin. From that day forward I have continued to grow in the knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ, and I now look forward to His return. Some may call this faith, which it is, but for me it was a little more then just that, as I saw Him in my mind being crucified in my place, for my sin, and when He looked at me, I knew He loved me. When this life comes to an end, as it will for each and everyone of us, I will see Him, and I will spend the rest of eternity with Him in Paradise.

My faith is strong, and my hope is real. I know whom I believe in, and I am known by Him. He has been a real source of comfort, and He has never let me down, no one can refute this. My new life with Him has way more joy then my old life of sin.

This life is available to anyone who is willing to turn from their sin, and with a sincere heart, ask Jesus to come into their life and forgive them of their past failures, and be their Lord for ever. He will not refuse this request when it is made in earnest.

John 3:16-17:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 14:1-6:
Jesus said: "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know."

Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:12-17:
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another.

:angel:

PLEASE no more scripture.. you shoving the bible in everyones face is no different then the homosexuals flaunting thier sexuality. its annoying and nobody wants to hear it. if it makes you happy to read the bible and enjoy its message so be it, im happy for you. keep it to yourself.

Its their only answer - quoting the only reference book they have. If its not IN the Bible, its unexplainable or its "the mystery of God". I've been told by far too many that the answers to the questions I ask are too powerful for any human to comprehend, only God himself can comprehend those ideas or have all that knowledge.

my point is not whether or not the scripture is right. the point im trying to make is stop trying to force your lifestyle on other poeple, that makes you no better than the people you claim to hate so much.

Trailaxe,

You sound like a "born-again".

What was your rock bottom? Drug addict? Alcoholic? Gay?

Anybody who preaches like you do, is usually a born-again, and in my book, you're the worst of the worst.

You were probably a better person when you were a drug addicted, alcoholic fag.

GrimmJeeper said:
PLEASE no more scripture.. you shoving the bible in everyones face is no different then the homosexuals flaunting thier sexuality. its annoying and nobody wants to hear it. if it makes you happy to read the bible and enjoy its message so be it, im happy for you. keep it to yourself.
Seriously. It's about as valid as quoting recipies for roast geoduck...I don't care and nobody else does either. The only difference is that the recipe might actually be accurate or yield some sort of meaningful result.

-----Matt-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back