• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostwerks Build Thread V2.0

Good call on the Novak kit. I run one of those too, decided I'd never deal with the stock one popping out again!!

Good call on the Novak kit. I run one of those too, decided I'd never deal with the stock one popping out again!!

Yeah, I love it!

I realized this weekend that I haven't posted up a bunch of pics I've taken over the past year...

Last fall...

don't ask...

forked at the shop. This was before the new trackbar.

Moar being uploaded... ...

Some pics from Marble Co, which also happens to be what I think is some of the most beautiful land in the state.

A lot of marble! What you see has large veins of iron or other impurities so they simply scrap it in front of the quarry. Acceptable blocks are brought into town.

water falls are everywhere...

The crystal mill, which is one of the most photographed structures in the state. My wife's grandfather is credited to keeping the structure in tact via cables and replacing some of the old timber. Without it, today the only thing left would be the foundation.

Story time!

While I was taking pictures of the mill, some dude on an ATV rolls up. He quickly hops off and proceeds to take his helmet off. Meanwhile... his ATV slowly starts rolling towards the unforgiving edge of a 60ft drop-off. Suddenly he realizes this, tosses the helmet and lunges for the ATV! Thankfully he misses, which probably saving his life, only makes the next few moments that much worse. In complete slow motion: As the ATV fails to run into the only thing able to stop it from falling into the abyss (a small aspen tree), the ATV gracefully launches off the edge, and starts tumbling down the steep and rocky hill side. Plastic faring blasting into shards and loud thunderous clanks as the ATV bounces off of every hard rock. As it finally comes to a rest upside down in the creek, I approach the man and ask him if he's ok. He say's frustrated dazed and confused: "yeah I'm ok. But my buddy is going to kill me for wrecking his brand new ATV!"

The view from up top, after they rolled it back onto it's wheels:

I was surprised there wasn't more damage than there was! Really just some broken plastic and tweaked handlebars. They we're able to fire it back up, drive down the creek and up and out. could have been a lot worse!

It's time for some updates! After all it's been over a year lol.

On the list:

- Patch some rust holes
- Redo the sliders with new standoffs
- Fab new track bar brace
- Move the rear axle back 2"
- Cut and move rear fender well back 2"
- Fab new leaf plates/lower shock mounts
- Install rear HD offroad stiffies
- Design and fab sheet-metal shock towers

Unfortunately progress on this is going to take some time, but it will get done. My day job combined with BWE is requiring about 60hrs/wk out of me for the foreseeable future, so it's been hard to find the time.

I pulled it out of the shop earlier this week and tested it out. I'm really happy with the WB, and the flex. It pulled 34" on a tape.

The fabathon continued this past labor day weekend :cheers:

The fenders have been cut, stiffeners welded on, and shock towers mocked up. Now I just need to trim the outside fender to move the body line back, cut the fender tubs and patch some holes. I'll also be adding a cross bar between both towers and tying them into the cage (later on).

Before:

After:

As for the cutting goes...

I first started by figuring out where I wanted the shock tower to be. I knew going into it that I wanted them leaning backwards slightly in order to clear the rear seat (essential for me). Moving the axle back 2" also helped with this.

Layed out...

Started cutting...

Threw a shock in to make sure I was headed in the right direction (14" 5125s)...

Squeezed another 20hrs in this weekend. The towers are now welded in place and most of the body work is complete. Just a bunch of finishing work at this point. The outer quarter panel is a little warped from the welding, but they're getting covered with JCR's guards anyways.

Completed cutout with the edges prepped. You can also see the backer plate tacked in for the outer fender lip.

Driver's side tub as far back as possible without cutting into the gas tank fill sheetmetal. (moved 3.5" overall)

Towers welded in... I still need to make a couple flashing peices to finish off the tub to tower edge.

Back