• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To: Build your own 4.0L turbo Cummins (Beware...170+ pics)

Did this beautiful beast ever hit the dyno???

Not yet unfortunately. Recently life has kicked me in the balls so to speak. I've had complications with surgery, the wife, all while trying to work 2 jobs. Needless to say I haven't been very concerned with the heep at the moment.

Someday. :)

Not yet unfortunately. Recently life has kicked me in the balls so to speak. I've had complications with surgery, the wife, all while trying to work 2 jobs. Needless to say I haven't been very concerned with the heep at the moment.

Someday. :)

Know your pain... minus the surgery and had to drop my second gig. But my a$$ is still soar.

The nice thing I have been telling myself:
This too, will pass.

:banghead:
Hi i a just want to ask if can you sell me the aem fic cal file that u use i just install my home made set up but i have no experience whit tuning i have installed the same aem part# sorry 4 my bad english i live in mexico and its hard to find any that know about programming or make tuning thanks and i hope you can help me...

:puts on flame suit:

It's been a while since I've posted some updates, but I am actually in the process of pulling the turbo setup from the Jeep. I've been battling heat and inter-cooler efficiency issues for a while now, and with my health and the growing success of BWE, I no longer have the time or drive to deal with all the little things that still need dialed in.

I'll more than likely be selling the setup as a complete kit, so if your interested please let me know (pricing is still TBD). Everything is in perfect shape and works great. It simply needs some creative engineering work in order to cut down on intake air temps (heat wrap, larger cooler for the IC...etc).

Cheers,
Bryson

awe hell no. i didnt drool over this thread for a year, then finally read all 30 pages and after 7 years still no dyno????? its 50 bucks!!!!!! im throwing a he351cw fro a 5.9 cummins on mine in a few months! mines a 98 so still distributed..might try and do a COP conversion if possible..why running so lean under full boost...i run like 11-11.5:1 under full boost on my gc8 running 22deg timing...the 2deg im seeing from you guys seems to be ****all... my gc8 has an 8.0:1 CR where the jeep is 9:1...you could run more timing with richer condition an better intake cooling, but it seems you intake temps arent too bad..also, why did you mount turbo so far down and back? i was going to mount mine further up and foreward, mount the ecu in the fender and do a snorkle for my induction...makes me wonder if it will be restrictive tho..why you go with such massive injectors? stock is 19lb..ive heard 24lb is enough for under 10psi boost.. even 32s are plenty...

AAAAAAANNNNDDDD you didnt even post a good spool up video!!! do one while driving!!! its gotta be loud..lots of claims about these cummins sounds, have yet to hear it in a good video

Back