• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Boostwerks.com Rig build thread... (56k killer)

I just realized I havn't posted up pics of my race car I mentioned in the first post! It's getting to about that time in the season where I work more on the race cars then on the jeep.

It's a 91 Honda CRX with a turbo charged high compression B16. It made about 350whp on 12psi. I will be racing the car in the NASA time trials series accross the rocky mountains. It's fun turning times quicker than some $100,000 porches. :wave:

IMG_2316.JPG

old pic with none of the sponsor stickers or aero junk
hogbackpic.jpg

My Buddies 700whp Prelude we built...

I had a CRX like that but the funky blue colour. Bought it new off the show room floor. Great car.

And wheres the rear cargo rack? :D And also thanks for the sticker's man!

It's built, just no pics of it yet. I'll try and get some tonight though. Thanks for rocking my sticker! :D

Root Moose said:
I had a CRX like that but the funky blue colour. Bought it new off the show room floor. Great car.

Once you get your hand's on a Honda, your an owner for life. Comparing any of my Honda's with my Jeep and its no mystery why our major three are suffering so bad. Unfortunetly I always wanted to build an XJ :conceited

Once you get your hand's on a Honda, your an owner for life. Comparing any of my Honda's with my Jeep and its no mystery why our major three are suffering so bad. Unfortunetly I always wanted to build an XJ :conceited

Yeah, it's funny. After the CRX I had a `92 Integra GSR. Nice car but then went Suzuki, Subaru and Porsche for a while. Bought my first Honda in ~15 years in 2007 and it was kinda like slipping on an old shoe. Then there was proliferation (see sig). :)

Imagine if Jeeps were built like Land Cruisers. They'd rule the roost no matter what was compared to them. Thankfully, most of the time Jeep stuff is "good enough" and its nice to be able to get parts anywhere for not a lot of money. There's lots of things that bug the piss out of me as far as XJs are concerned but I really do like them.

Yeah, it's funny. After the CRX I had a `92 Integra GSR. Nice car but then went Suzuki, Subaru and Porsche for a while. Bought my first Honda in ~15 years in 2007 and it was kinda like slipping on an old shoe. Then there was proliferation (see sig). :)

Imagine if Jeeps were built like Land Cruisers. They'd rule the roost no matter what was compared to them. Thankfully, most of the time Jeep stuff is "good enough" and its nice to be able to get parts anywhere for not a lot of money. There's lots of things that bug the piss out of me as far as XJs are concerned but I really do like them.

Exactly. They wouldn't be any fun to modify if they were perfect from the factory. :cheers:

Here's a pic of the mountainer rack I built. I obviously still need to make legs for it, but you get the idea. It turned out really good. :)

IMG_2672.JPG

Dig the rack. I'm going to do the "expedition" style drawer system in mine. I'll make a tower of drawers where the spare tire currently sits and stick the carputer system on top of that. If the carputer gets swamped there I have bigger problems. :)

Four weeks till the opening of the auto-cross season here. Can't wait. Wanted to get the Toda header on the S but really want to get my Jeep ot of my garage too so not likely to happen. Got fresh Toyo R888s to go on - that'll have to do for now.

nice hatch!
let me know if you want to get into some trouble with that...i know the right people in springs/denver

nice hatch!
let me know if you want to get into some trouble with that...i know the right people in springs/denver

Thanks! The car is now a strict track whore though. It has a lot of mods now that prevent it from being street worthy (10pt cage, CF front splitter, no mufflers...ect). My sponsors might get pissed as well if something happened. :smoker:

ya...i have some friends with 800+hp talons with 1600cc injectors on e 85 locked F/R with slicks
or the 530-ish WHP 50 trim srt4
on the streets lol....
i have a lot of dumb friends...lol...they do track stuff too...just more frequent on the streets

ya...i have some friends with 800+hp talons with 1600cc injectors on e 85 locked F/R with slicks
or the 530-ish WHP 50 trim srt4
on the streets lol....
i have a lot of dumb friends with lots of $$$$...lol...they do track stuff too...just more frequent on the streets

There, fixed it for ya.

haha you would be suprised....that talon is fastest car i have seen on the streets as of yet and his build is less than 15k i would guess...perks of workin at the shop...
but i would love to see this thing on the street....
http://www.vimeo.com/2078971

haha you would be suprised....that talon is fastest car i have seen on the streets as of yet and his build is less than 15k i would guess...perks of workin at the shop...
but i would love to see this thing on the street....
http://www.vimeo.com/2078971

Have you noticed the sticker on the back of my jeep by chance? ;)

Jeromy is the man :thumbup:

aha...very nice...ya i am VERY excited for that build...once its boosted derrick from HAV should definitly come up and get some footage of your very well built and saucy toys!

Hey Bryson, looked at the first pic, you might look into re positioning that shackle... it's completely vertical...
should be around 45 degrees

ya what he said....and sleeve those lowers lol....jkjk....that chit was annoying to repeatedly read and its not even my thread!

Hey Bryson, looked at the first pic, you might look into re positioning that shackle... it's completely vertical...
should be around 45 degrees

Relocation brackets are definetly on my "eventually list" but for now I have more important items to tend too. like...

Brake lines, bumpstopping the rear, playing with the GF, installing my hitch, building a front swaybar, playing with the GF again, modifying my trailer, getting the race car track ready, doing the dishes, making sure the GF isn't pissed...ect

So much to do yet so little time. :confused1

Back