• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore Lake...

According to trail Damage Red Elephant is the most difficult of the three trails. I figured start with Red Elephant and then take Mill creek to the top of Bill Moore and go down Bill Moore. Or something like that.

I'm game for anything though, I just want to go wheeling.

x2!

I was leading because I could tell if we were going to wrong way or not. When I got stuck I knew we were going the wrong direction. So therefor I did my job without any flaws.

Mike remember Skully with his new gps leading us through the tour of the condo parking ot on yankee hill :>{ )))

Mike remember Skully with his new gps leading us through the tour of the condo parking ot on yankee hill :>{ )))

First off, who is Mike?

Second I had the GPS could see where I needed to be, and SWATH said; "Take a left there." ............so not my fault. :gee:

According to trail Damage Red Elephant is the most difficult of the three trails. I figured start with Red Elephant and then take Mill creek to the top of Bill Moore and go down Bill Moore. Or something like that.

I'm game for anything though, I just want to go wheeling.

Trail damage mis-rated those in my opinion. Mill Creek has more technical challenges than Red Elephant which really has no obstacles say the one tippy part with a dug out small boulder going up a hill right after it.

Tippy part;

Picture044.jpg

Only real obstacle right after tippy part;

red_mill_bill-08-07.jpg

I did Red Elephant twice last summer. The "Tippy" section, I was not impressed with at all, it was one of those "that was it" type obstacles. None of the Red Elephant Obstacles themselves, are large or difficult, but the grade of the hill, and the lack of traction, can make some of the obstacles interesting for open/open guys. As stated by skully, the Mill Creek obstacles are more technical than the Red Elephant ones.

I'm cool skipping red elephant, although I've never run it before and it be nice to check it off the list. We can decide at the meet point what we want to run, unless none of you guys want to at all. Like I said, I just want to run it to run it. I know it won't be a real challenge, even in my new tiny arse rig with no gears.

Sweet. I should be able to make it then. Just need to get directions to the starbucks. Hopefully i can find the bolts for my antenna mount.

Originally Posted by jimgrms
Hell i can't remember what ihad for breakfast much less someones real name (xj boy) and was just pulling your chain

And why would you listen to someone driving a suzuki lol

Are you talking to yourself there Jim? ......forget to take your meds? :rolleyes: :cheers:

Yeah man, don't talk smack about the Sami's man, those things rock offroad.

Ok, so slight change in plans. We'll hit the trails Sunday so more people can attend and so as not to interfere with the rock races.

Meet up on Sunday morning at the starbucks/conoco just past Idaho springs off of I-70 @ 0900. Depart by 0930 and head to Red Elephant. Hit the other trails after.

Due to time constraints for me on Sunday I can't afford time cooking lunch and hitting all 3 trails so I'm not going to be bringing my grill.

Sorry for the confusion, hopefully we'll be able to get a better group going now. I might have gotten a willy's on 39's to join with my group.

does anyone kknow a exit nunber or street address for the meet place it would be kind of helpfull

Ok, so slight change in plans. We'll hit the trails Sunday so more people can attend and so as not to interfere with the rock races.
Meet up on Sunday morning at the starbucks/conoco just past Idaho springs off of I-70 @ 0900. Depart by 0930 and head to Red Elephant. Hit the other trails after.

Due to time constraints for me on Sunday I can't afford time cooking lunch and hitting all 3 trails so I'm not going to be bringing my grill.

Sorry for the confusion, hopefully we'll be able to get a better group going now. I might have gotten a willy's on 39's to join with my group.

this says just past idaho springs the map mcanter shows before idaho which is it i get the same info as i google it

this says just past idaho springs the map mcanter shows before idaho which is it i get the same info as i google it

It is the Downieville exit right after Dumont. Trail damage links tells you the exit #'s.

You can see the Starbucks from I-70 and it is next to a ski shop and the conoco. This is the staging area for Spring Creek and Red Elephant as the trail heads are just down the county Rd.s from there. No if you bypass Red Elephant then you will have to trek to Empire which is another 5 miles from there and start the first part of Bill Moore Lake.

Back