• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore Lake...

That was before my GARMIN GPS days.........and you were leading the group BTW so who got us lost..................????

I was leading because I could tell if we were going to wrong way or not. When I got stuck I knew we were going the wrong direction. So therefor I did my job without any flaws.

Hmmmmm, now I'm conflicted. Might not make this run. Looking at the XRRA event, getting to poke fun at 'guyver and help Jeepdude get his steering column fixed all in one trip to the 'Springs that Saturday.....

Ok, so slight change in plans. We'll hit the trails Sunday so more people can attend and so as not to interfere with the rock races.

Meet up on Sunday morning at the starbucks/conoco just past Idaho springs off of I-70 @ 0900. Depart by 0930 and head to Red Elephant. Hit the other trails after.

Due to time constraints for me on Sunday I can't afford time cooking lunch and hitting all 3 trails so I'm not going to be bringing my grill.

Sorry for the confusion, hopefully we'll be able to get a better group going now. I might have gotten a willy's on 39's to join with my group.

Well how about we get a list of teams going.

Ill be in aslong as i get my front breaks done by sunday. I just hope I can make it up Red Elephant this time unlike last time lol, and that im not the runt of the group.

Well how about we get a list of teams going.

Ill be in aslong as i get my front breaks done by sunday. I just hope I can make it up Red Elephant this time unlike last time lol, and that im not the runt of the group.

the runt would be me and according to trail damage they fixed the tippy part of red elephant a couple of years ago

the runt would be me and according to trail damage they fixed the tippy part of red elephant a couple of years ago

The only way to fix the tippy parts of Red Elephant is to close it down. :rolleyes:

There is one section where you come up and to the right is a drop off hill several hundred feet and you have to dip down then back up again with a 20 percent I am guessing. For those that are squeamish about ledges that is the worse part but as XJboy claimed it is 95% uphill 7 percent grade all the way.

So who is leading this event. Stang or Dutch?

I would suggest to go up red elephant then pass the first turn off for Mill Creek and take the second to run Mill Creek clockwise to give it more of a challenge. Last two times ran it counter clockwise and it puts all the cool ledges and hills going down. Not as much fun.

I am still a BIG maybe.

Im out for sunday. I found out I have to games I have to play in, and Im not going to beable to get my breaks done by then. I hope someone sets up another trip before the end of the year.

According to trail Damage Red Elephant is the most difficult of the three trails. I figured start with Red Elephant and then take Mill creek to the top of Bill Moore and go down Bill Moore. Or something like that.

I'm game for anything though, I just want to go wheeling.

Back