• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Red Prerunner

That thing is nice...I've seen lots of obs f150 prerunners but that's the first time I've seen that one. Have a link to a build thread or any more info on it?

Top notch build there, very nice truck.

I had a few free hours this week so i worked on my bedcage a little bit. I havent tig welded in almost 10 years but i thought it would be fun to give it a try so i tig welded the caps on the tube at the back of my bedcage and surprisingly they didnt turn out too bad! Not alot of progress but ill throw up a couple pictures anyways...

25001648726_be80cb5685_b.jpg

24934695091_831357e1c1_b.jpg

One month later and my fiberwerx order has sill not shipped. Originally they gave me a ship date of 2/17. When i called a few days after that i was told that the parts were still being made and were scheduled to be done by 2/24 and then they needed to be packaged and have a crate built for them before being shipped.

I called back on the 31st after not getting any shipping emails and after being on hold for 10 minutes i was told they would call me right back to tell me when to expect my order. Two hours later i decided to call them back and they still have not finished making my fenders/bedsides and arent expecting them to be done till today or tomorrow (3/4/17).

Starting to get mildly irritated at this point, im just glad that im not in a hurry for this stuff.

Damn that really sucks. I hate delayed time frames and blown promises. Hopefully it pans out.

A little surprise showed up at work today

25726567322_61c2653678_c.jpg

25220928073_63a57100a5_c.jpg

They took a little longer then expected to get and i had a few small issues with Roadrunner, the shipping company fiberwerx used, but they are finally here and in one piece and im happy!

Everything looks pretty good and the fiberglass is nice and thick. You really notice how ripply the fiberglass is when you see it in person since everything is gloss black, but thats the norm for offroad fiberglass. The only issue i have is that one of the fenders is covered in superficial spider cracks in the gelcoat.

25726586472_6626c4fdf3_c.jpg

It looks like the gelcoat was not allowed proper flash time in between coats or was put on too thick. This wouldnt have been a big deal if i hadnt paid $140 extra to have them gelcoated black instead of the standard white. I wasnt planning on doing anything to these fenders other then bolting the onto the truck, but now ill be priming both of them before mounting so the black gelcoat was a big waste of money.

I blocked the whole fender in 120 and everything came right out and 99% of the ripples and waves blocked out too, so now my fenders will look really smooth and straight once theyre primed and painted. Tomorrow ill re-block the fender in 180 then prep it for primer and start on the other fender, working on the glass a little here and there after work. Once the bedsides are mounted I will most likely block the gelcoat and then prime and block them as well.

Did you send them pics and ask wtf. With the elongated wait time and damaged goods there should be some compensation.

Did you send them pics and ask wtf. With the elongated wait time and damaged goods there should be some compensation.

I called fiberwerx and emailed them pictures, I'd be happy getting reimbursed the extra I paid for the black gelcoat, but I'm not holding my breath. From what I was being told on the phone it doesn't sound very likely that they will be willing to do anything really, but we will see.

finally got around to mounting these POS Fiberwerx bedsides....well i got one side 99% done. I paid extra to have the tail lights left blank. Fiberwerx took a normal pair of bedsides that already had the tail light pockets cut out and fiberglassed over the holes, then put about 1/2" thick bondo on top to smooth it all out.

The back of these bedsides were so f***ed up i had to end up cutting the back of the bedside off. I was extremely disappointed in how i ended up fitting these, definately not as clean as i was hoping, but now that everything is painted it doesnt look too bad.

28552586155_e452937a7f_c.jpg

28520253916_0afb81621d_c.jpg

28268587090_5d0294007e_c.jpg

I have some rubber grommets, fasteners, and nutserts coming from autofab to replace the self tappers/washers....wish i would have spent a little extra for some high quality glass from autofab

Sucks they did ya dirty. Any response from them about workmanship? Especially because you waited on those a while right?
Regardless it's a dope build.

Sucks they did ya dirty. Any response from them about workmanship? Especially because you waited on those a while right?
Regardless it's a dope build.

No, I know they're just gonna tell me that their glass is made for race trucks not show trucks, it's not worth arguing with them. Just bummed about all the extra charges they added to the price and it all ended up being a waste, and it did take forever to get. But I have it all now and it's making its way onto the truck so it's all good.

I knew the quality of the glass wouldn't be great from everything I've ever seen and read about other people dealing with different companies. The hannemann fenders I had on my Xj didn't fit great either, but we're miles ahead of fiberwerx quality wise.

Got my other bedside on this weekend

28866047623_f6969bbf3d_b.jpg

29379806252_f5674df9bf_b.jpg

Went yesterday and ran Mosquito Pass, the trail was super easy but had some great views. This was the first time Ive had the truck out since the extended TTB, 14 bolt, new transfer case, and all the other new parts went under the truck. There were a few decent sized rocks to test the truck out on, it flexed great, the lockers worked good, overall the truck worked really well. The only problems i had were my steering box starting to puke fluid by the end of the day, and squeezing the truck throught the tight wooded section of the trail at the bottom on the leadville side.

28866043353_1f5aace245_b.jpg

We had a blast and that was a great first trail to test the truck out on! It was also pretty funny doing that trail with 8 other JKs in my big truck lol.

It's going into the shop to get a PSC box, Econoline Saginaw pump conversion, and I'm gonna have all the steering links redone with either one ton TREs or heims.

Where are the dunes at?

I have been working on the truck a bunch in my free time over the last week. Along with some help from Jon down at the flop shop, we have been making some good progress on the back of the truck. Lots left to do still but heres a couple teaser pics, enjoy!

31382359831_032d83157f_b.jpg
[/url]

31351534232_dd1f1f6bc3_b.jpg

31126887710_85d4bca98d_b.jpg

Back