• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beeeeeeer

Had this a few weeks ago, 13% abv

IMG_20130221_210420_544_zps901d4984.jpg

I was less than impressed with the Maui Coconut Porter, though I still have three cans at home, so will revisit it.

Firestone XVI. total Wine and More had a couple - I bought out the Tukwila, WA store last month - all 5 bottles. They are now nicely ensconced in my root cellar for the next 4 years. Their Double DBA and Double Jack are both quite nice as well.

Sideways - not sure if the beer or the beef was better....

David Bricker / SYR

I personally like the napkin holder, but that's just me. :cheers: :laugh3: :moon:

i will now disbelieve everything you say from this point forward. you good sir, have committed heresy.

Don't discount me quite yet. I will give it a try once again, rest assured.

However, a tip for those of you in SoCal. Do not be tempted, even on a lark, to try the Albanian beer that the 99c Only store in Arcadia has available for 79c. I know, I should know better, but it was different, and how bad could it be?

Well, it was 48 hrs of sicker than dog bad. Had a skunky taste and smell; first clue. But, some beers have a bit of that, notably Heineken, though I've not had that for years. Had a strange color, though not cloudy; second clue. Anyway, 8 hours later, woke up to chills, sweats, and major stomach cramps. Hate to blame beer, but what I ate that night was identical to what my wife ate, and she was fine.

So, the stomach is still not quite back to full normal, but the Porter will be first on the list when things are right.

David Bricker / SYR

Don't discount me quite yet. I will give it a try once again, rest assured.

However, a tip for those of you in SoCal. Do not be tempted, even on a lark, to try the Albanian beer that the 99c Only store in Arcadia has available for 79c. I know, I should know better, but it was different, and how bad could it be?

Well, it was 48 hrs of sicker than dog bad. Had a skunky taste and smell; first clue. But, some beers have a bit of that, notably Heineken, though I've not had that for years. Had a strange color, though not cloudy; second clue. Anyway, 8 hours later, woke up to chills, sweats, and major stomach cramps. Hate to blame beer, but what I ate that night was identical to what my wife ate, and she was fine.

So, the stomach is still not quite back to full normal, but the Porter will be first on the list when things are right.

David Bricker / SYR
i just bought 2 4 packs of "old glory" from the 99 cent store. i plan on them being guest beer lol

Back