• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa!!!! Sunday, September 28th

Dude that is some stuckalicious mud.... That is like why even bother mud? my wj would see that shit and be like ######, use your chevrolegs... On that same token, i really really wish could go. Damnit!

if you guys were going to meet there earlyer, i would roll :geek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude that is some stuckalicious mud.... That is like why even bother mud? my wj would see that shit and be like#####, use your chevrolegs... On that same token, i really really wish could go. Damnit!

so go early, meet us in the pit. gates open at 8.

i actually want to go earlier as well but its hard getting everyone going that early in the morning :D i'll probably be at the jib by 8:30.

the night before i'll post directions how to get to the canyon in case we take off early from JB lol... depends on how many people show up.

Dude that is some stuckalicious mud.... That is like why even bother mud? my wj would see that shit and be like ######, use your chevrolegs... On that same token, i really really wish could go. Damnit!

ZOMG kids are watching! PG! PG!

:yelclap:

OK... because Jim is special and cant read, here is the update.

here's the deal. they may or may not stop letting people in after a certain number of vehicles. i will be leaving LA at 8am, which would put me at the jack in the box off the azusa exit at around 8:30. if there is more than 5 jeeps there at 9, i say we roll out and head into the canyon. saturday night i will leave instructions on how to get to the canyon incase you miss us at the JIB, just so they dont get lost in the posts in this thread.

this will be a BYO everything event. maybe next time we can plan a BBQ or something in the canyon, but this is the first trip back, lets see how it goes first.

basic directions would be asuza rd exit off the 210 freeway, in the city of azusa, CA. its just east of the intersection of the 605 and 210 freeways, if you want to use your googlemaps-Fu. sunday mornings there is no traffic up there whatsoever, so the estimated times googlemaps provides are usually pretty accurate.

once you exit the freeway turn to head north (towards the mountains) and the jack in the box will be on your right. we will be there till at LEAST 9am, as i said, if we get enough early birds we will head into the canyon early.

bring $8 to get into the canyon. bring a tow strap or have a tow point somewhere on your vehicle. most people say "oh im not going in the mud" but end up stuck cause they get all excited anyway :D

i'll post more on saturday night about how to get to the canyon if we leave early from the JIB, its very easy to find.

what else do you need to know Jim, this is all for you. :wave:

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY....
DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

they are saying on the acorausa.com forum they let 250 trucks in last sunday, and it was full by 9am. they say the rangers told them they will let more trucks in this weekend... but maybe we should just bump up the meeting time to 8:30, and leave before 9 anyway. what do you think guys?

I'm cool with meet at 8 leave at 8:30 sharp. still putting us up there at 8:45-9am
ok, let me talk to my buddy that is coming up with me, im cool with leave JIB at 8:30 too.

any objections?? waiting in line to get in till people start leaving around 1pm would put a severe damper on the morale of the group lol.

OK... lets officially move this up then. get to the JIB as early as you can. i just talked to a buddy that works at the city mechanics yard over here in gardena... he says last week he got there at 8 and there was a line, and he didnt get in. he says they bought a day pass, parked, and hiked down the side of the mountain into the canyon. lol.

dont worry, if we dont get into the canyon we can always go run cleghorn or something, its only another 30 mins or so from azusa.

so this is the deal:

Be at jack in the box BEFORE 8:30 or we will leave without you.
i'll post directions saturday night in case you get left behind.

Dammit grimm, your making us all get up early.

Jim, we can roll together if you want, figure meet on the freeway around 745.

Dammit grimm, your making us all get up early.

Jim, we can roll together if you want, figure meet on the freeway around 745.
its not me its the people that live in the city of azusa lol.you guys are free to show up any time you want. hell i WANT to get there at 7, but its boring going in alone.

If you don't get in then you can cruise down to my place for Lady wolf's birthday.

Back