• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

Made the stupid mistake of trying to install this all last night, I feel like a complete idiot. Started on the passenger side, everything was going smooth until I tried to remove the frame side bolt on the UCA. Nut was completely seized to the bolt, rounded it off trying to get it to turn. Ended up having to cut the nut off and then cut the nut side of the axle bolt as well and remove the UCA completely. So now I have to get new bolts for that, as well as having an out of commission vehicle.

yeah I always buy new m10x1.5 bolts before I mess with stock uppers. they are always rusted and shitty.

Back at it again, got the passenger side together last night, still need to torque everything down once I get the Jeep back on its own weight.

Got everything bolted on, not torqued yet, and noticing an issue. I think I need a drop pitman arm.

1e2fb86bc992197e323b35636d729380.jpg

My tie rod end is contacting the steering stabilizer bolt.

The issue will really be the sway bar bracket. Try to give it full lock to the passenger side with the axle fully drooped. I had to do the synergy axle side relocation bracket on that side to get it to clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sway bar bracket is nowhere close enough to hit either of these components, the issue is my axle is pushed forward and making the steering stabilizer bolt contact the tie rod end. I'm going to adjust my lower control arm shims and see if that pulls the axle back enough to clear, if not I'll get a bolt with a shorter head.

do the drop brackets have a slot for the LCAs? move them all the way back in it, also you can consider drilling new LCA holes further back. that will mess with caster though, so you'll need to adjust the UCAs in somehow

So I think I alleviated the issue, removing the shims pulled the axle back enough that I could get the bolt out. Then I put it in the vice and shaved the bold head down 1/4 of an inch with my grinder, gave it enough clearance to let the tie rod pass by with no binding.

Drove it around today, it feels a lot better on bumps and rough roads. I need to adjust my track bar back in a bit axle is pushed to the passenger side about an inch. Also need to extend my drag link out, steering wheel is about 30 degrees to the right. Picked up a used pair of 32x11.50x15, for 30 bucks, to add to the pair at my father in laws. Also bought a set of crager d windows 15x8 for $150, just need center caps.

Ordered 3.3" Gorilla caps from Summit Saturday, they shipped out via On-Trac Sunday and they should be delivering today. Summit has a hub in Sparks Nevada, I figured shipping would be quick. Link to the Center Caps, 4 caps for 11.99+shipping is pretty good.

i hate those chrome caps but thats just me. Im sure they do some good . like josh said. they annoy me. you are slowly learning all of the things that every CA jeepers learns as they start off (cutoff tools on old bolts, summit in NV, etc etc) those are something we all take as a given and you will continue to learn more of the ropes as you go.

This is my first Jeep but not the first car I've modified, I'm finding a lot of similarities. I got the black caps not chrome, it gives the wheels that much needed finishing touch. Just need to find a way to more securely affix them, I'm thinking a thin bead of black rtv on the rim of the cap and then push it in. After I paint the wheels of course.

Back