• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

I have a swr meter somewhere. I'll get it to you through Phil if you grab those leaves.
That works, thanks man. I'll pm you when I hear from Phil about the leafs. Everybody in this club is really awesome. So much better than the last forum I was on.

How long does it normally take them to send out the membership packets? Signed up the 11th, just curious is all.

It varies but the last few times it's been quick.

On the leaf pack note. I did the same with an XJ main. Cut it so it fully supports the main leaf on my pack. My ass is sagging still so new leaf packs this year at some point

It varies but the last few times it's been quick.

On the leaf pack note. I did the same with an XJ main. Cut it so it fully supports the main leaf on my pack. My ass is sagging still so new leaf packs this year at some point

Ya I'm just worried about that exposed section, if I take it wheeling its gonna bend it more. I know what I need to do though, just need Leaves and a big ass box of cut off wheels for my grinder.

My main question would be do I add the new cut down main in addition to my current leaves, giving me 6 leaves total. Or do I replace my current second leaf with the new cut down main, which would leave me at 5 leafs inc. my add-a-leaf? I feel like 6 leaves would be very stiff.

Last edited:
Don't worry, it won't be until after the meet and greet.

I would probably have the barely cut down main right under the other main. So it is all supported.

But I have never played inside leaf packs.

Don't worry, it won't be until after the meet and greet.

I would probably have the barely cut down main right under the other main. So it is all supported.

But I have never played inside leaf packs.

My thinking is this:

How it sits now:
Main Leaf ______________________________O
Second Leaf _____________________
Add a Leaf ___________________
Third Leaf ______________
Final Leaf _____

Replacing Second Leaf
Cut Main Leaf ___________________________
Final Leaf _____

In Addition to Second Leaf
Final Leaf _____

My worry is that if I go with the 6 leaf setup its gonna be way too stiff.

Tried to replace my exhaust tip and make it look nicer last night, ended up just making it look worse..........

Gonna order a new tailpipe and tip and try again.

My thinking is this:

How it sits now:
Final Leaf _____

Replacing Second Leaf
Final Leaf _____

In Addition to Second Leaf
Final Leaf _____

My worry is that if I go with the 6 leaf setup its gonna be way too stiff.

I say go with the 6 leaf set up. I'm currently running a 5 leaf BDS spring pack and I'm planning on adding a leaf. They ride and flex great but they flatted out quite a bit when I load up the jeep with tools, cooler, and camping gear.

I say go with the 6 leaf set up. I'm currently running a 5 leaf BDS spring pack and I'm planning on adding a leaf. They ride and flex great but they flatted out quite a bit when I load up the jeep with tools, cooler, and camping gear.
You didn't think it would be too stiff? Remember this is my dd.

Just finished replacing the entire back half of my exhaust. Old pipe was getting kinda rotted. Got a new one for 19 bucks and got a downturn tip for it, and angled it away from my shackle so I don't fry my poly bushing. Still need to flip my shackle bolt.

288ad0f0f8dd8dff7c5d5270b0a9f4d8.jpg

It's official.

3317c977deb2561bb9165062b61f775f.jpg

69c3a8d1f2f94f2c5c24a74ba89fe507.jpg

Decided a needed a color change.

Finished hooking up my CB and antenna, need to change my mount to a straight through. I grabbed a 90 thinking I needed the clearance. I didn't........

1c67ef50a2d96f2ca5a95c56c2986a5d.jpg

Also the CB whines really bad when I have the AC on.

Last edited:
It is very importand to wire both positive and negative direct to the battery with an inline fuseon the positive. A ground to chassis at the radio and make sure the antenna mount is well grounded.

I normally use Tapatalk on my phone for forum updates, just checked my thread here on my computer. I didn't realize the pictures where so massive........ can a mod or admin edit them down in size for me?

Ordered a new straight post for my CB antenna, gonna rewire it with a power disconnect straight from my aux fuse panel. I'm getting electronic noise when my AC is on. My original idea was to mount it in the overhead console, but I didn't want a mic cable smacking me in the face on every bump or turn. I started looking at it and realized how much work it would be and just didn't wanna bother. I like where it is now, it doesn't intrude on the passengers leg room and the mic is within easy reach.

Also ordered a replacement center cap for my Wheels because I've been missing one, and finally figured out what model they are, ZJ Timberlines 16x7, just need to figure out what the backspace is and whether to get spacers or save up for 15x8 for my 32"s. I scored a pair of barely used 32x11.50x15 Bridgestone tires from my father in law, just need to get another pair.

I had found another pair of used 32x11.50x15 on OfferUp for $30 bucks but the guy has not replied to me since Friday so not sure whats going on.

I had originally planned to purchase a used set of CAD's from someone here. NorCalChris had made an offer that was a sweet deal, but it didn't fit financially at the time and he did not want an immobile jeep. Got a deal through a connection at a place in Washington for a set and a double sheer trackbar, fit with my current budget and I got a discount because I've ordered from them before. Trackbar was dropped off by brown santa yesterday and he is making another drop off today with the CAD's.

Debating trying to install it all tonight or wait till this weekend. Anybody wanna come by and help me out. Never done something like this that changes suspension geometry this majorly. I will provide food and beer, just need some expertise if anyone is available.

Current plan is CAD's, Trackbar and 2 inch spacers to level the front up to the rear.

Back