• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Art's One Ton XJuggy

What are the specs of the jeep in the first picture?

I love the cage your trying to copy. Very sexy cage. Looks goo! Keep us updated!

i dont get rock crawlers lol that cage is ugly and un functional to me, maybe its cause I'm from the go fast scene where everything has straight clean lines instead on angled windshield bars and such
how the hell is it un functional? it is absolutely functional, driver protection and stiffening up the chassis are both obviously accomplished

i'm not bashing the cage or the build. that dudes jeep was featured on the cover of jp mag... i'm pretty sure it was his rig. but anyway it just seems like that cage is focusing more on style than practicality. no doubt you won't get hurt in that thing. but there just seems to be too much in it. it's like wearing a helmet and pads to drive your cadillac deville to the store. just not all that necessary.

Maybe he's not opposed to having it show worthy. Is there anything wrong with that?

finally been getting to work on this thing... got rid of the coils up front in favor of some radflo 2.5 14" travel air shocks...
48b1c7be-d778-65cf.jpg

48b1c7be-d367-b577.jpg

started the cage work today... this is where we stopped today, we're getting a fresh start in the morning so i'll have more progress and pics tomorrow...

e1d2b6b7.jpg

b710aa82.jpg

I'm no structural gynecologist either, but that cage looks safe enough for me.

Not sure where the unecessary tubes are in that pic. If we are discussing the door area then I imagine the rig is running doorless and those tubes are for passenger protection, not structural integrity? Everything looks like it needs to be there to this untrained eye.

and this is where we ended today... ran through two milwaukee hole saws on the notcher really quick, never buying those again... the lennox hole saw lasted 10 times as long as the milwaukees

e3c63210.jpg

Lenox makes great holesaws... still using mine too, after MANY notches. I have destroyed Milwaukee and Starrett holesaws really quickly too. Glad to know it wasnt just me!

Jeep looks good man, im in the middle of building my cage too.

i have a machine shop and i use a lot of band saw blades, and lennox lasts quite a bit longer than most.
truck looks good, nice work!

man its been a while, this thing is almost done

since the update it has gotten a lot of loving. 4.7 stroker, detroits front and rear, full hydro, 5.38s, 2.5" 14" travel radflo airshocks up front, ford 57" springs out back with FOA reservoir shocks, tmr shave kit and artec truss on the 14 bolt, chromo 35 spline inner and outer shafts up front with drive flanges, tons of other stuff that would take me forever to list... what do ya'll think?

3y2eze7e.jpg

ze2ege4y.jpg

It lives!!! Looks great. Love the simple looking suspension up front with the airshocks, but I bet they're not valved well for normal street driving?

Funny music too

they are tuned by downsouth motorsports specific to my application, and tuned for crawling. also rocking radflo nitrogen charged bumpstops up front for the go fast

Back