• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone by Seven Troughs - Help?

Just Read This On Google News. Very Sad Situation. They Are In My Prayers.

Also If Anyone Can Help Remember To Cordinate With The Local Authorities. They Dont Need More Folks To Worry About.

More reason to carry a survival kit, BOB or similar. Practice your skills, know what is in your kit and what you need and how to use it.

I have two rules when I go wheeling, camping or what ever...one is dress to survive if you had no shelter and two is be prepared to travel by foot.

I'm not saying leave your vehicle in every situation but sometimes you have no choice. I guess another good thing is tell people your plans and perhaps give them a time frame to send help if you don't return. I plan on buying a SPOT for my back country adventures.

^^ my dad and I both carry SPOT devices when we go riding. I also use mine while I go wheeling so I can "check in" with my parents and let them know I made it to camp safe and such. Excellent investment.

I am very glad they are ok, but the adults should be charged with child endangerment. 6 people in a 4 seat jeep? Wheeling with children unbelted? These people give the jeep community a bad name.

my non-jeep friends think I'm crazy, but even when I do day runs in the snow, i treat it like a life and death situation , I feel like a snow run can turn into a death run if you're not prepared. especially with stories in the news like this. if you're prepared, its just snow camping. I always bring a tent, sleeping bag, propane space heater, water, some food, CB and a hand held CB , wool socks, and wool under garments, extra clothes , a duraflame (for a quick emergency fire in case I cant find dry food) , lighters, matches, tarps, and more. For me , its not worth it not to bring the stuff. that way I can stay put. Always let someone know where you are too. If I get lost/stuck in the snow I want to do it as comfortably as the XJ allows.

Last edited:
I am very glad they are ok, but the adults should be charged with child endangerment. 6 people in a 4 seat jeep? Wheeling with children unbelted? These people give the jeep community a bad name.

I thought the same thing when I saw pictures of the overturned Jeep. 6 people in a 4 seater. These people got very lucky, but we all know this is only the first story of this type this season.

Back