• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

This makes sense. Brain fart. Because you have locking hubs you don't need to worry about drive line vibration because its not rotating. Then you can just set the caster and not worry about pinion angle.

This makes sense. Brain fart. Because you have locking hubs you don't need to worry about drive line vibration because its not rotating. Then you can just set the caster and not worry about pinion angle.
yess

agreed about adjusting upper arms for caster on the c's but I'm concerned about pinion angle as well....i'm DDing my xj and the waggy i'm currently building I'm debating weather i should rotate them or not, I understand about the lock outs but in upper new york state weather when its snowing I'd like to have 4 wheel when needed and not have crazy driveline vibes...i'm not sure I've been looking up threads for a while now but theirs so much back in fourth with everything I go 1 step forward and 2 steps back....sorry for the high jack of your thread....good build! I like the way its coming out

agreed about adjusting upper arms for caster on the c's but I'm concerned about pinion angle as well....i'm DDing my xj and the waggy i'm currently building I'm debating weather i should rotate them or not, I understand about the lock outs but in upper new york state weather when its snowing I'd like to have 4 wheel when needed and not have crazy driveline vibes...i'm not sure I've been looking up threads for a while now but theirs so much back in fourth with everything I go 1 step forward and 2 steps back....sorry for the high jack of your thread....good build! I like the way its coming out
the driveline vibes you would get around 40, wich you shouldnt be goin any faster then that in the snow anyways, you can find a happy median between ds angle and castor just like a 30

one more thing i forgot to ask if you don't mind, who is changing your realy bolt pattern for you is it a shop or a buddy? if you don't mind sharing i need my rear xj 44 shafts converted to a 6 lug if thats possible

thanks for the info!! i gave them a call and looks like i'll be doing the same thing...mind if i ask what your doing with your rotors in the rear? Are you going to drill them or are they?

All the welding on the axle is done :)

hole for the breather is cut easily with the plasma

installed a u bolt yoke

gears and spool done

now to paint it up and reassemble spindle out

8.8 shafts will be here tomorrow so it should be rolling by friday night or early saturday morning.

whats you backlash on that? looking at it pattern its a little bit to much towards the tow and up on the face of the coast side. How does the drive side look?

almost there got the shafts all together then ran into a problem in that I have misplaced the socket for the lower ball joint nut so im done for the night until i get another socket or find mine.

cleaned up the caliper brackets and painted them same with the nubs that got a new rotor and wheel studs

installed the longfield spindle bushings (not pressed in all the way)

Back