• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

looks good man...nice work and nice welds...mines slowly comin along...where did you get your tapered roller bearings from for you hubs...i've found parts mike know of any other good resources? got any pictures of your LCA driver side mount any problem running into the cast leaf spring perch or did you run it out board on the tube?

looks good man...nice work and nice welds...mines slowly comin along...where did you get your tapered roller bearings from for you hubs...i've found parts mike know of any other good resources? got any pictures of your LCA driver side mount any problem running into the cast leaf spring perch or did you run it out board on the tube?

Timkins for bearings at auto zone and longfield bushings for the spindles and just grind the brackets to fit.

Coming along nice. Hey pull them rear wheels and paint that shaft will ya. Its killing the side profile. haha

care to elaborate? lol

you're hardly in a position to critique other people's builds

1 has the aussie locker sticker but no aussie locker :p
2 needs gas tank, tcase, trans, oil pan skid
3 shocks
gas tank can get relocated, tcase skid is good idea, no need for a skid with a ax15, in 10 years of wheelin XJ's of various setups ive never hit the oil pan so no skid needed there anyways

i agree on the ax15 part but the oil pan i can see and have seen get hit. so its a good idea.

raising the gas tank is a good/better way of doing it. but i think hes trying to keep it street legal and i dont know if it will interfear with what hes making for shock mounts in the rear.

Oil pain skid will interfere with air flow under the motor and will bring up temps a little. Not much but it will some. Not like XJs are great at cooling to start with. However Adam if your going to come wheeling with us then your prob going to need to make a sacrifice for the better protection. As for the gas tank i would just skid it. Your going to lose cargo space fast if you keep pushing stuff up in to it. The shocks are not so bad.

You still need to test that thing out before we go wheeling for the weekend! Find out whats wrong now before we are in a hard area to get you out of. :)

Back