• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

Cromosandlockouts_zps4759d6d2.jpg

No I did not rotate the c's.

I found out yesterday that I needed high angle tre's for the draglink and that the taper is deeper than the taper on my pitman arm and my high steer arm so I can do the track bar or the steering until i get a 1.5" per foot tapered reamer to ream it lower. Currently searching locally if anyone has one that I can use or I'm going to buy one.

Cut off the passenger side upper control arm mount and cut up the axle side track bar mount to fit the truss and got some PVC to test track bar lengths. now i just need to move back the uppers so the track bar clears it at full bump and the move the other upper back just as far so the are the same length.
102_0557_zpse53b3405.jpg

102_0558_zpsae122d3c.jpg

I would move the tb as far out as possible(closer to the coil), Ideally you want the tb longer than that..
I was going to say the same thing. I posted my first track bar that was about that length and everyone laughed at me.

Edit: I just looked at you second pick again and see why you cant do what I suggested.

I managed to get mine on the other side of my coil bucket.
It originaly went to that incredibly ugly UCA tower just to the right of the coil perch

100_0126.jpg

just clears my HS arms at full lock with a small amount of material removed.

100_0127.jpg

Nice work.

The only thing I'm not too fond of are your upper control arm mounts at the axle.

Instead of just welding the DOM sleeve to the tubing, I'd take a piece of 3/8-1/2" plate and cut a half circle out of it to follow the sleeve right in the middle. Something similar to what Clayton does.

Gonna be hard to use square tubing of any strength since the joints are really narrow.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Nice job, keep it up. When do you think you'll be finished?

Underground Jeeps has a big weekend event at the end of May...

I should be done soon I'm hoping within two weeks it will be a roller got my rims yesterday just need to get all my brake parts together and gear it. Then I have to get cromo shafts made for the 8.8 and thats another 2 weeks to wait so by the beginning of may I should be ready.

Doesn't rotating the knuckles have to do with caster angle and steering? Not the hubs right? If it will never see street time then it doesn't really matter. But propper caster setting helps with tracking and the wheels returning to center. At least that's what I have found.

Doesn't rotating the knuckles have to do with caster angle and steering? Not the hubs right? If it will never see street time then it doesn't really matter. But propper caster setting helps with tracking and the wheels returning to center. At least that's what I have found.
you can adjust the caster with the control arms just like a stock xj

Back