• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

barnes4wd dom sleeved poly bushings modified to fit in to the stock style upper control arm
102_0460_zpsbe72d988.jpg

cut the old track bar mount off for jay who bought my 30
102_0466_zpsc39dd779.jpg

I'm going to need to cut the track bar mount so that it is straight down and not kicked out like this
102_0465_zpsad3cc0e7.jpg

dry fit the coil brackets with the lower link bolted to it to see if my high steer will clear
102_0467_zpsb2d1a452.jpg

just need to get gas tomorrow and then i can tack most of the brackets together and the test fit everything to make sure i have no problems

did you fab that center portion of the truss? if you don't mind me askin how much do you have into the brackets and truss?

$220 for the main part of the truss the rest of the truss is leftover from my rockers and $55 for the brackets from ballistic then the ruffstuff track bar kit is $180 and steering is $220.

Looks like you're doing some nice work, makes me a little jealous. I have the exact same Jeep in slate blue. 3.07's do suck, makes 5th gear almost useless if there's any hills at all.

Subscribed!

Nice work.

The only thing I'm not too fond of are your upper control arm mounts at the axle.

Instead of just welding the DOM sleeve to the tubing, I'd take a piece of 3/8-1/2" plate and cut a half circle out of it to follow the sleeve right in the middle. Something similar to what Clayton does.

Gonna be hard to use square tubing of any strength since the joints are really narrow.

Back