• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Humboldt-Cherokee Blog.

Thanks. Haha.

I was pretty surprised yesterday, autozone had my transmission mount in stock, and I was able to sway it out in 45 minutes without dropping my long arm crossmember. The old one was smashed down, and brittle looking.

dude, if you fix the vibe the chix wont ride your junk anymore...wait, i mean ride IN your junk.

The vibes are wayyy better. The nasty vibe under full throttle is gone. I still have a harmonic vibe at 64+, but this by far thebest it's been. I think I'll do the motor mounts next. Tim maybe we can swap those at your place.

Pics that Mike sent me.
75ec33c2.jpg

932f4567.jpg

aefa99b8.jpg

0fda041d.jpg

And just a shot cause it looked good.
3caf01a8.jpg

The vibes are wayyy better. The nasty vibe under full throttle is gone. I still have a harmonic vibe at 64+, but this by far thebest it's been. I think I'll do the motor mounts next. Tim maybe we can swap those at your place.

i need to work on my red beast to get it ready for hollister this saturday. so if you want to swing by wed or thurs afternoon to work on your rig you can.
i may not be much help though as i have a lot to do on red, but your welcome to use my tools.

I'm out unless I can find a crank position sensor tonight. I'll be driving along and all of a sudden it loses power. If I pump the gas pedal it seems to make it a little better. I think last time it did this it was the CPS.

You missed out.

I put mine on it's side. (almost)
18e86391.jpg

e0f58db0.jpg

26ba233c.jpg

And Tim learned how to drive!
But seriously, it wasnt cool. He was dropping off a rock, the coil slipped off of the bumpstop post and it dropped down. It completely snapped the shock.
He almost went over.
Before,
e97e0ee4.jpg

After
51d27371.jpg

c2dabcae.jpg

3fb94a49.jpg

I don't know what it is with Tim and his driving, but he loves to lean to the drivers side. When we went camping in late October, my old man had to strap a line to his B-pillar to keep him from rolling over. At least he didn't blow a bead this time.

Edit: good thing I stayed home. I had time to look over the cherokee - I was minutes away from losing all my tranny fluid due to a bad fitting. It was stupid luck that I found it - was just giving everything a good look and something caught my eye.

Hey guys. Had a great time yesterday and it was cool putting a face with the board names. I was pretty nervous trying to get up that hill, but you guys were really patient and walked me through it. I really appreciate the help as I'm still new to offroading and I'm learning as I go. Now I've just got to get to work on installing my lift parts, some skids, front tow hooks, and definitely some better tires. I'm thinking BFG AT's, Duratrac's, or Revo II's. I've got some pictures I can share, but I need to get them from Crystal later today.

Tim - that red p.o.s. is a beast and you seriously beat on it! All very fun to watch.

Chad

5337820491_705073a5fb_z.jpg

5337818689_57a78af913_z.jpg

5338426948_db0f92f12e_z.jpg

5337823281_052feb2db9_z.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my little adventure on that hill.

Hey guys. Had a great time yesterday and it was cool putting a face with the board names. I was pretty nervous trying to get up that hill, but you guys were really patient and walked me through it. I really appreciate the help as I'm still new to offroading and I'm learning as I go. Now I've just got to get to work on installing my lift parts, some skids, front tow hooks, and definitely some better tires. I'm thinking BFG AT's, Duratrac's, or Revo II's. I've got some pictures I can share, but I need to get them from Crystal later today.

Tim - that red p.o.s. is a beast and you seriously beat on it! All very fun to watch.

Chad

yeah, we had some serious fun yesterday!
it was good meeting you, Crystal, & your pooch.
we will have to set up a build party at my fun factory in a few weeks.
next weekend is bad, but possibly the weekend after that...

Back