• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A couple upgrades to the MJ

Very nice design.. never seen that before with the fenders being protected with the surrounding tube. Very cool.
It is, very neat!
And put it where? In the bed? For the number of scratches on the gas tank (none) and how hard he wheels, it just isn't necessary. I was up there with Jordan and the fabricator, I felt the same way as you/Bill... but the simple fact is it hasn't been in the way yet, and until it is it should be fine in the "factory-like" spot. He still wants to use the truck bed as a truck bed if needed too.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm loving the design so far. But with the amount they built it off the existing rails (3rd picture, 1st post) there must be a way to raise it at least that 2-3" or throw a cell in there. Everything could still be the factory equip so the expense is minimal if not non-existent and keep the reduced size bed use.

Switching gears, how are they going to do the lights. The fenders look great so I'm not sure how they'll stick them in there without hurting a sight line. Fun to watch, Jordan you need more pictures!

Jenn said it looks like a pole barn :roflmao::roflmao:

The outside will be skinned in aluminum. Aluminum lids will be put on the sides to make a full length toolbox on each side. Lids will have locking latches. My air tank is mounted up under the bed. LED taillights will be put in the aluminum skin on each side of the tailgate.

I'm not too worried about the gas tank. It's got a nice thick skid on it anyway. If it ends up being a problem, I can always get a smaller cell.

make the tube your gas take. fill your tubes will gasoline. I cant see any problem that could possible arise from that.

LoL!! I wonder how much volume the tubes would hold?

Keith wanted me to make the tubing my air tank - which I actually considered, but the thought of things rusting out from the inside didn't make me happy.

The bed is being sent to the powedercoater tomorrow!! A week or so there and then it will be on the home stretch.

They were able to mount the air tank up under the bed and run a hose over to one of the toolboxes. There is a quick connect coupler mounted inside the tool box .... how cool is that!! Open the toolbox lid and snap in the air line - sweet!

Back