• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A couple upgrades to the MJ

Jordan, whats up with the crappy trackbar/draglink angles? Raised axle mount in the future?

I'm a bit worried about them too. Because my D30 has the old vacuum disco housing on it, there was no place to mount the trackbar above the tube. I'm not exactly sure how they are gonna get the angles to match, but I have faith in them ... I think.

I'm a bit worried about them too. Because my D30 has the old vacuum disco housing on it, there was no place to mount the trackbar above the tube. I'm not exactly sure how they are gonna get the angles to match, but I have faith in them ... I think.

Jks over the axle bracket, I've done a couple to disco housings no problem, you just trim a little extra off the bottom of the mount. The disco housing is cast steel and will mig weld like normal.

Looking good Jordan.

I see the tank was removed. Where is that going?

awesome! I can't wait to see this...

looks like you aren't planning on Billying an axle, either :jester:

wait.. you dont have a bender?

THERE ARE TUBES WITH BENDS IN THEM.

Do you have a bender or do you have somebody bending for you. I just got acces to a JD2 model 3 bender and was just curious what you were using?

Last edited:
It appears he has the guys at Full Circle doing the bending???....
Looks really good, Jordan...I would skin it with lexan, then you wont need DITA the Hobbit to spot...
Rich

Do you have a bender or do you have somebody bending for you. I just got acces to a JD2 model 3 bender and was just curious what you were using?

I'm doing it myself using an R2D2 bender from Harbor Freight ... once I make the bends I email the tubes to Full Circle so they can weld them up.

damn, that's looking sweet

Little bit of progress .... bed floor and sides are in and the wheel wells are done. I don't have a picture, but the steering is all done too. They still have a lot of work to do yet. Maybe another month:rattle:

untitled.JPG

Little bit of progress .... bed floor and sides are in and the wheel wells are done. I don't have a picture, but the steering is all done too. They still have a lot of work to do yet. Maybe another month:rattle:
Looking good! I'm digging the fender work.
Back in the relatively same place. Nothing fancy.
Really? All that work and they couldn't raise it at all and get it out of harm's way?

I would definitely get the gas tank out from under there.

And put it where? In the bed? For the number of scratches on the gas tank (none) and how hard he wheels, it just isn't necessary. I was up there with Jordan and the fabricator, I felt the same way as you/Bill... but the simple fact is it hasn't been in the way yet, and until it is it should be fine in the "factory-like" spot. He still wants to use the truck bed as a truck bed if needed too.

Back