• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Build

Actually ordered from Lokka.com, they're just Aussie lockers under their domestic name.. they offer a package deal, couldn't beat $437 shipped for the combo.

Well the front is locked.. couple small things to button up later this week but I had to call it quits today, I got a late start and ran out of daylight. I'll admit I'm not the best mechanic, I'm still learning these things.. hell I'm still learning cars period, so it took a little longer than it probably would have most of you but it was a good learning experience and I'm sure I could do another in a fraction of the time. I'm not sure if I'll get the rear done this week or not, either way Badlands this Saturday to test it out!

Finished the front last night, success. I was considering leaving it with just the front for our trip this weekend but after talking with Jerry this morning I decided it would be best to try to get the rear done.. so thats what we did. My buddy Mellon came over this evening and we knocked it out in 3-4 hours taking our time and screwing off.

She's now fully locked!

Haha.. just figured it might help lessen my chances of breaking something in the front. I'm really wanting to throw 4.56s in it now, that'll probably be the next thing.

Oh.. Bonus, I have rear disc brakes! I don't know how or why I didn't know this by now, I guess I never paid attention. I didn't realize they didn't make them with discs at all.. money saved!

Yea I learned that today haha.. which is kind of strange because other than that it was 100% bone stock when we got it.

I have always locked the front first...

mac 'and depended on a trash lok til I could afford more' gyvr

Well, lockers were definitely put to the test and worked out great this weekend. Spent the day at Badlands yesterday with my co-pilot Mellon, Jerry, Andy Troup, and few other buddies they brought down. It was hot as hell.. which made my windows full of condensation on the outside from the AC being so cold in the XJ! Say what you will... as long as that shit works, I'm using it lol.

Having said that, we knew it was gonna be a hot one so we did this last minute Friday night, wrapped it up around 11:30pm.

And I took this as we arrived Saturday morning, had to get a shot of the tow rig in action...

They definitely put off some heat. They look better now after some trickery lol.. I actually picked them up off eBay, if you're interested PM me and I'll get you some more info.

Back