• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90' XJ build..

Well, I had planned to do my Add a leaf to bring the rear end up more today..

but, I woke up on a mission to fix the crappy Idle.. I've got a Thread going in OEM tech about Renix Idle.. And i finally solved the issue! After going through Every sensor with an Ohm Meter, and Adjusting the TPS, Everything checked out fine.. so, A few suggestions were to Check the Manifold bolt tightness..

Sure enough, 2 bolts underneather were missing, and one was loose, So.. after raping the Spare motor, I torqued it all down and FINALLY got my desired 800ish RPM idle :worship:

While in there, I installed some brand new Brown dog motor mounts:woohoo:

Starting to look like this thing could actually be reliable. Maybe you won't be "that guy" anymore, maybe.

You need to find your fan shroud and put it back on before the warm weather gets here.

Looks good I am getting ready to start on my second build. 1990, 5 speed, long arms 4" lift on 33" Dana 44, Dana 30, 2low and if I get inspired a cage. Want to try the low center of gravity look. Debating on gears and possible a tera flex 4 low

Back