• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

72 yr old tazed

I'm thinking if a Cop can't figure out how to subdue a 72 year old woman, especially one half his size without tazing her, he needs to find a new vocation.
In all likelihood she will hire a lawyer and develop heart trouble or nerve spasms and die rich.
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,100,000 English pages for police brutality. (0.22 seconds).
Video, Results 1 - 10 of about 16,700 for police brutality (0.10 s).

I say turn about is fair play, the next time a Cop gets mouthy he gets tazed.

Why so she could complain after the officer broke her hip or arm for being a fragile old woman. She got what she deserved.

Sorry big daddy

But you know as will as i do that ONLY the criminal has rights..You will be sued and thrown in jail if you did that..Now go back to your jelly filled and coffee

I'm thinking if a Cop can't figure out how to subdue a 72 year old woman, especially one half his size without tazing her, he needs to find a new vocation.
In all likelihood she will hire a lawyer and develop heart trouble or nerve spasms and die rich.
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,100,000 English pages for police brutality. (0.22 seconds).
Video, Results 1 - 10 of about 16,700 for police brutality (0.10 s).

I say turn about is fair play, the next time a Cop gets mouthy he gets tazed.
Just_Shat.jpg

Somehow, I just knew you automatically would take the side against the cop. Did you watch the video? He warned her numerous times, she was resisting and vulgar the entire time. She even refused to obey the officer's commands when it was in regards to her own safety. Maybe you missed the fact that 72 yr old women can tend to have brittle bones due to osteoporosis. Man twice her size takes her down, she's liable to get hurt. Women have a natural fear of being subdued or overpowered by large men, even if they are in uniform. Now she sues for being injured and emotional damages.

Sometimes I think you purposely choose to argue on the side of idiocy just to amuse yourself.

Wow that is awesome... I would say he could have done many things other than just tazing her... but it is correct, and he did exactly what he was supposed to do, no matter of age, sex or race...

Just_Shat.jpg

Somehow, I just knew you automatically would take the side against the cop. Did you watch the video? He warned her numerous times, she was resisting and vulgar the entire time. She even refused to obey the officer's commands when it was in regards to her own safety. Maybe you missed the fact that 72 yr old women can tend to have brittle bones due to osteoporosis. Man twice her size takes her down, she's liable to get hurt. Women have a natural fear of being subdued or overpowered by large men, even if they are in uniform. Now she sues for being injured and emotional damages.

Sometimes I think you purposely choose to argue on the side of idiocy just to amuse yourself.

I always ask myself the same question, "WAS IT NECESSARY?" and secondly, was it worth the risk? How the heck did the Cop know she didn't have a pace maker or heart issues. Possible death for speeding seems extreme.
I think maybe the Cop has Mommy issues.
Is it really idiocy to try and discourage the confrontational attitudes of many Cops. To advocate using process instead of force. To encourage the Police to be responsible and self Policing, before it gets way out of hand. I'm not against Cops in general, department policies in many cases are IMO, wrong and self defeating. The prison population keeps right on growing and the Cops keep right on keeping on with the same old policies and techniques.
If they Tazed a Guantanamo detainee, would it be considered abuse? America, the moral leader of the world, we Tazer old ladies because they are mouthy.

always ask myself the same question, "WAS IT NECESSARY?" and secondly, was it worth the risk? How the heck did the Cop know she didn't have a pace maker or heart issues.
I guess the real issue is if she didn't want tased she should have signed the ticket. Would you expect the cop to treat a 24 year old male who acted the same in any different manner? Why should anyone expect preferential treatment for disobeying the law? We all have the slight inherent possiblility that if we were tased some unknown heart condition could kill us. Yes the odds are slightly better when your that old but she should have had 72 years to figure out you don't confront authority like that!

...department policies in many cases are IMO, wrong and self defeating.

You're quick to jump on these threads involving cops, and you've mentioned departmental policies more than once. How many different police agency's policies on use of force have you actually had a department issued physical copy of and read since you seem to know that they are "wrong and self defeating"? My guess is NONE and you're going of what the media says about how "the officer acted within policy" and making you're assumptions off of that. Nice. Just another fish swimming up stream with the rest of them.

I always ask myself the same question, "WAS IT NECESSARY?" and secondly, was it worth the risk? How the heck did the Cop know she didn't have a pace maker or heart issues. Possible death for speeding seems extreme.
I think maybe the Cop has Mommy issues.
Is it really idiocy to try and discourage the confrontational attitudes of many Cops. To advocate using process instead of force. To encourage the Police to be responsible and self Policing, before it gets way out of hand. I'm not against Cops in general, department policies in many cases are IMO, wrong and self defeating. The prison population keeps right on growing and the Cops keep right on keeping on with the same old policies and techniques.
If they Tazed a Guantanamo detainee, would it be considered abuse? America, the moral leader of the world, we Tazer old ladies because they are mouthy.

How was the cop supposed to know that granny was packing a Tec-9? You can't have a different SOP for every different person in the world. If you don't want to deal with the cops obey the law. If the cops pull you over, answer with short easy answers, yes/no.

What about the attitudes of people? Just because you are a citizen doesn't give you the right to belittle a cop. Respect is a 2-way street. If granny had been respectful to the cop I bet the cop would've been respectful to her. Why is that people always think the cop has to sit there and take all the abuse from people.

Because 99% of the time they do. But, that's not news worthy...

Yea I know the cop needs to be the bigger person for the most part, it comes with the job.

I know when we do peace keeping missions we have to be the bigger person, but eventually it gets to a point. Words aren't going to change the situation and you have to treat the person the same way as everyone else. If force needs to be used then you use it.

Yea I know the cop needs to be the bigger person for the most part, it comes with the job.

I know when we do peace keeping missions we have to be the bigger person, but eventually it gets to a point. Words aren't going to change the situation and you have to treat the person the same way as everyone else. If force needs to be used then you use it.

Completely agree.

If the family gave a chit about their dog he wouldn't be roaming around the town. Responsible pet owners don't allow their pets to roam around town like a wild pack animal.

Let me guess, he should have moved around behing the dog and subdued it. If the dog bit him or had rabbies he should just be more careful. Or maybe he should've thrown something to distract the dog.

If I was that cop i would not have tazed her.

If the family gave a chit about their dog he wouldn't be roaming around the town. Responsible pet owners don't allow their pets to roam around town like a wild pack animal.
Wow you must hate dogs. Especially the 12lb wiener dogs roaming around like a wild pack animals. My dogs get out of my yard every now and then, I could see the dog catcher being called but not a trigger happy F***kin Pig!

Back