• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

55 Hours Later

Ive seen them on a 4 door, look pretty sweet, save the hastle of breaking them out every run like we used to do with the trail rig

Anyone join midwestlongtravel that wants to. I need as many people to join as possible to get it rolling so that the people that go look at the site dont see a dead, userless forum because they will just click the x and not come back

So tonight I mocked up roughly how the rear suspension would be with the crossover. Now actually having the shocks off the Jeep I took the fronts to the back like I am going to do because they are 8.5s instead of 10s, I measured everything and I cant decide. Help me out guys. I can run the 8.5s in stock location and get up to 7" uptravel from the shock. That leaves me about 2 of downtravel which (I) dont think is enough. With stock location Im kinda afraid of shoving them through the thin floor after seeing the damage I done to the front lower mount. Or should I go ahead as planned and get the Crossover Enterprises crossover mount and run them on it and move the mount to the tube? If I do that sonny said he could do the valving and get it to work, even at full droop and not have harsh landings thanks to the flutter and Id gain a decent amount of up and down travel due to the swinging of the shock. but I want your guys opinions. Seems to me that with the crossover even with it in the furthest out hole that the 8.5 will be layed down so much Im going to have to inboard the shock mounts on the axle in about 3 inchs from where they are now. I know its going to lose some stability but I dont want to lose to much and hamper the highway drivability

do you have one of them cool lazor levels? you could line that up and it should give you a visual reference to a straight line. other than that i can only think of getting something straight and putting it up to the axle

So I could take it to an alignment shop and have them check the camber and pretty well know if its bent?

The answer is yes. Found out today my axle is bent, all but 1 ball joint the I just replaced less than a year ago already has a degree and a half of slop in them, and my upper passenger bushing is broke...already knew that one though. So now its time to build a D30. Going to do the ordinary: heavy gauge lower link mount, truss, C gussets, might do the flexjoint upper link mounts, and might as well throw in new bearings, seals, and balljoints...I wish there was a way to do uniballs instead of ball joints. Is there somebody that makes heavier duty ball joints?

Last edited:
The answer is yes. Found out today my axle is bent, all but 1 ball joint the I just replaced less than a year ago already has a degree and a half of slop in them, and my upper passenger bushing is broke...already knew that one though. So now its time to build a D30. Going to do the ordinary: heavy gauge lower link mount, truss, C gussets, might do the flexjoint upper link mounts, and might as well throw in new bearings, seals, and balljoints...I wish there was a way to do uniballs instead of ball joints. Is there somebody that makes heavier duty ball joints?

You want to buy the D30 off of my Wrecked Jeep? :D Its perfectly straight! :gag:

Did you truss this axle?

Back