• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

55 Hours Later

I would do through floor but I dont have the money to do it the way I would wanna do it. Ive been looking into the JKS but I hate to revalve and revalve to get it to rebound and comp good and not have a crap ton of body roll but i will say Ive been looking into it. Heres what I mean about the whole 2 link deal...

pic18.jpg

hm, I think packaging is going to be a major problem, and I don't see any benefit to that over putting shocks in the cab(looks like more work, less effective, and you will still have very little travel unless the shocks are mounting up near the windows with that configuration:). Closer to 90* the shocks are(at full bump) the easier they will be to tune for the most part. Good luck!

Havent decided on anything yet, just asking and looking around at the possible options, hadnt heard much about it, must be a reason why huh. The JKS mount lays the shock over so much I just can see that valving being very touchy to tune in. But for now may be the way to go if the 8.5s are long enough. With the 8.5s out back I may just not run the flutter and run them in stock location. But I can see the JKS coming in handy with the layed down shocks since my shocks are only going to be 8.5 travel.

I think I am going to order the Cross Enterprises Crossover in a couple of weeks. Its cheaper, better build, and looks alot more badazz. Ive already been talking to Downsouth and they said it wouldnt be a problem valving, they should be able to get me in the close ballpark. That route will be lots easier and better suited for what time I have to get it back together. As for getting the good start on links and C/O's, this one wont go that far. At least I think..haha I intend this one to stay a DD that holds it own in the dirt. The Links and C/Os are for the next project a couple of years away

I built my own rear crossbar (click here) and it does drastically affect your valving but I think I can get mine close... I am pretty happy so far and it works well for a DD. I would love to go through the floor bu that raises WAYY too many issues for a DD up here in Canada...

if you EVER drive through Layfayette, atleast give me a honk so I can stare out my window and oogle over your rig!

Screw the mud machine idea... Im going for the JS look for sure.

I doubt I'll be up that way until the silver lake dunes this summer but I'll drop in and say hey

that looks awesome those rear fenders rock. I am thinking of making a mold for a four door to make fenders like that, my father does fiberglass work.

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it:loveu:

The only real problem Ive thought of is with doing the crossover is that it will be progressive but completely backwards of what you would want. With the axle drooped it will land stiff as hell and when compressing its going to get softer.

For those interested, midwesterns or not, I got the forum up and running, the site is going to be up in a few weeks but for now the forum is located at midwestlongtravel.forumotion.net

Back