• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.3L Vortec V8 Conversion

yeah, the 2 bit ones aren't that awesome.

I know we put a new one in, but I honsetly don't know if it was a "Beast" or some other brand.

I just checked the model number (242172840) on http://mmerlinn.com/catalog/lilscribbs77/gm_9l6/gm9l6010.htm and confirmed that it is in fact the 4L65E.

After pulling the tranny I removed the torque converter and it dawned on me that I'll need to replace that as well. There's so much crap in the fluid and no way to make sure that 100% of debris/metal is removed from the T/C.

DAMN IT!!!!!:flamemad:

Untitled.jpg

oof.

ouch, never seen that before. wonder if it was install error. if only half the snap ring was engaged, it could have held for a while then let go. IIRC, that ring was a PITA to install.

You might want to consider a couple gallons of tranny fluid flushing things out when you get it running. Put the hose from the cooler outlet into a bucket and put the inlet to the tranny in a bucket of fresh fluid.
That might give you more of a warm and fuzzy.

Agreed... I'd probably blast em out with a bit of compressed air in between backflushes with ATF.

Back