• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 Documentary intro video, check it out

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
well im tackling/filming a 4x4 documentary for east coast wheeling, its going to be for my production class and just as material for my major.

Its called "Into the Untamed" and will have interviews with people from all walks of life in this sport, covering the obvious local (and even widespread) issue of wheeling legality, the lifestyle in general, fabrication and businesses, paragon adventure park specifically, and just the 4x4 community. hopefully it will be submitted to some festival once completed

just thought id post up the first element of it as it stands now, the intro segment that plays before the actual documentary portion begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY2D6rpRtnc

oh and anyone who has any hi-resolution video already who would care to help, id be happy to add it in as the more footage the better :cheers:

intotheuntamed.jpg

BrettM said:
any concerns over the copyrighted music?

not really right now seeing as there are no real cement plans for it. and definitely 0% chance of me trying to turn a profit from it. its mainly being used for school purposes only as of right now. cant imagine that worrying anyone much, but never know these days i suppose

I like the start. Looks to be a good project. I too would be a small bit conserned on the copyright thing. However there first corse of action more than likely would be just to ask you to take it down.

you can get royalty free music online fairly cheap, if you're serious about the video, it'd be good to do it all with legal music from the beginning, than spend hours re-editing it to fit the new music when it gets popular.

anyhow, looks good, can't wait to see the full thing. one question, though... should it be "An SiS Film" or "A SiS Film"? I'm not very good on some of the finer points of the English language, I had lousy kindergarten and elementary teachers.

whatevah said:
I'm not very good on some of the finer points of the English language, I had lousy kindergarten and elementary teachers.
Lets not point fingers here...I suck at grammar occassionally...but its my own fault.

Back on topic...Sweet looking intro. Made me want to go on a cross country wheeling trip right now.

whatevah said:
you can get royalty free music online fairly cheap, if you're serious about the video, it'd be good to do it all with legal music from the beginning, than spend hours re-editing it to fit the new music when it gets popular.

anyhow, looks good, can't wait to see the full thing. one question, though... should it be "An SiS Film" or "A SiS Film"? I'm not very good on some of the finer points of the English language, I had lousy kindergarten and elementary teachers.

i THINK its "an" because the word SIS is an acronym for the clubs name. S.I.S. it was brought up on another board too but i think an S.I.S. film is right. dunno though lol. was pretty sure at first

yeah, that's what I was thinking, too... I got good grades for college English, but it's the simple stuff that messes me up. :)

where can you get royalty free music? I wanna start selling desert racing dvds and need music.

also great video!! what camera and editing software you using?

Looks good man. I like the editing you've done so far, and I cannot wait to see the rest of the film. Good luck with the project. Where are you going to school?

Parker

DrMoab said:
Cool! A wheeling video of a bunch of jeeps driving down the highway. Brilliant!

Why didn't I think of that? :D

since when was this "a wheeling video"?
its a 2 minute introduction to a couple hours worth of documentary material involving the 4x4 world, the drive in represents that. :doh:

HeavyMetal said:
since when was this "a wheeling video"?
its a 2 minute introduction to a couple hours worth of documentary material involving the 4x4 world, the drive in represents that. :doh:
4X4 world isn't wheeling?

Besides. I was only joking with you. It does look good. But if it were me and I was doing a video documenting the use of 4x4s I would put more then 17 seconds of video in a two minute clip showing the actual use of 4x4s.

Back