• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4th annual Reno Run May 23rd-26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a maybe at this point. Depends on if my junk is in pieces or not.

So far the headcount is:

Allen
Eric
Skipper and Lisa Skipper
Sam- goodwilljeeper
Patrick 831_xj
Me(blonde jon)
rammin -- terrance?
Kevin jeep450
gordon gordosmasho
yoassarian
davenjeep
CAJJ93XJ-jake
Cessnapilot89
Famwgn
Rob707

Some Runs:
Vets-XJ

Maybes/possibilities:
Jeepme-Jeff
Tim-knucklehead
Turbobrick
BryanC ?
Letterman ?
Billy?
Bluerockrash

If you are 100% in, please post up, if you are a maybe, if you are 10% in, please post up. We can begin to coordinate rooms, camping, and more once we start getting head counts and preferences-(Reno Hotels are cheap). Once we get some head counts, ill start contacting hotels to see if we can get some group discounts. Usually you need 15+ rooms and we normally have 1 room so thats not likely unless you folks let me know you are going.

This is usually some of the best wheeling and fun you will do for the entire year, if you haven't wheeled Reno trails, you are missing out. Plus, when you go back to work or talk to your buddies when you get back in town, you can say you where in Reno all weekend. When they ask about gambling you get to say awesome wheeling . Then they get really confused….

Also, there is nothing certain since nothing has been talked about or approved, but is anyone interested in T shirts or sweatshirts for the 4th Annual NAXJA Sierra Fest Reno Run?

Sorry Rob I totally spaced on that. I know you are going.

as for shirts:
Gordon Me (blondejon)

I'd love to go, maybe I can tag along with Patrick if I cant take my rig. My brother's birthday is the 24th though, so I'm probably 10.1% able to go.

Karl

I've run the option by my wife so will see what shakes out. Getting the XJ dialed up and will be on 31s with 33s a possibility. I'm the guy with Eric's diffs (4.56) so they should lead me through.. I've never "wheeled" other than roads and trails and heavy snow. I'd probably be the oldest 'newbie' you ever saw.. but I ain't skeered. I'll have to post further if I can get the time and my wife to Ok (or a son-in-law to tag along for the grunt work). If I'm alone might look for a co-pilot.

What is the camping situation? I should trailer the XJ in case of breakage (I live near Elko - Spring Creek) so might want to bring the pickup and overhead camper. Although bouillabaisse at The Nugget sounds pretty good.

Can you point me at the trail area(s) so I can Google Earth it just for snicks?

Thanks.

Gary

Last edited:
What is the camping situation? I should trailer the XJ in case of breakage (I live near Elko - Spring Creek) so might want to bring the pickup and overhead camper. Although bouillabaisse at The Nugget sounds pretty good.

Can you point me at the trail area(s) so I can Google Earth it just for snicks?

Thanks.

Gary
Hi Gary. Really the best location for camping is at Moon Rocks unless you find an RV park somewhere (?) Moon Rocks is good if you have a camper however that time of year the weather is unpredictable and could make tent camping miserable. Plus this weekend Moon Rocks is crowded and we will be avoiding the area for our event. The reason for that is it turns into a drunk fest out there and it is best to be avoided for more reasons than one.

In prior years guys have stayed at the Circus Circus because it is cheap, but any of the major hotels will work - Nugget in Sparks or Grand Sierra if you are towing and/or want to avoid the downtown area.

Most trails are not officially named by local government so finding them on Google Earth would be hard unless you have GPS coordinates. Most trails are along the Pyramid Highway heading North from Sparks. We might head over to Carson City, Virginia City, north of Reno and possible west of Reno.

Thanks Eric. I'll pass on the camping and hotel up. Now that I'm no longer one of the party till you drop crowd it's no fun watching and listening to someone else do it. When I camp I do it for solitude mostly. And you're dead on about avoiding downtown if possible. Will do if necessary but only then.
The Nugget might be a good choice if heading East. I'll go where you guys lead tho', trails and hotel. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, nothing in stone yet.

I am excited for this run guys and girls.

By the way, those of you who are not bringing the wife and/or the girlfriend , we can also setup multiple jeepers per hotel room to cut down on cost. I am not 100% if my GF will be going or not at the moment.

This is the only run of the year you can justify a hotel room.

I'm officially in for this run! Not sure if i can make all the runs but i will be there. Its only costing me round trip tickets to send the wife to Florida. Good Deal I say!!

Lisa and I are 99.9% in as you never know. And for the record I am the oldest newbie on 31's and don't you for get it Baba Looey. Lets see who knows who said that....without the use of Google or whatever.

Quick draw McGraw. Used to watch that show all the time when I was little.

My kids watch it sometimes too. There is some seriously racist stuff in those old cartoon.

Last edited:
And for the record I am the oldest newbie on 31's and don't you for get it Baba Looey.

Fine! I'll get 33s and be the oldest newbie on 33s.. or you can just call me "kid".

Glad someone got the QDMcGraw, it was killing me and was too stubborn to cheat. Watched it as a kid as well.

Ok, what was the name of the penguin TV cartoon character?

If things happen as I hope (fat chance, eh?) I'll be doing a partial Pony Express run through Ely/Eureka, etc. with DrMoab and pals from the IM Chapter mid-May and still be able to make the Reno Run. Like I said, fat chance. Looks like the XJ will be ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back