• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30th Anniversary Event?

2. Those at the front of the line took to much.

Not everyone. I was within the first 10 or so in line and I only took one type of meat and a smaller portion at that.

Of course this might come from the fact that I have served two of these dinners before and we were always afraid of running out of meat.

I would make a suggestion that whoever does the dinner next time, that you serve the people. Do not let them take what they want. People are greedy. Plain and simple.

Then we should postpone this thread until about 10 days before the event, since that's when people were dropping like flies :rof:

I promise not to flake unless I change my mind. :looney:

I would make a suggestion that whoever does the dinner next time, that you serve the people. Do not let them take what they want. People are greedy. Plain and simple.

There is one pitfall here.

We did that in 2003, remember?

I still get people who say "I met you in Moab in 2003" and I'm pretty sure they think meeting me was when I slopped food on their plate.

The one thing I regret about the 25th AE was not getting to run trails I wanted to run.

I could have ran them on my own and I know that the trail leaders are all awesome people that volunteer their time.

I didn't think that showing up on Tuesday would mean that most of the trails had already filled up. Clearly the folks that show up early get the first come, first serve treatment, which is cool with me.

Maybe for the next one if we're going to push having 200 rigs show up, we could accomodate most of them on the trails. As it were, there were maybe 5 (?) trails everyday, limited to 20 rigs each? And some of those trails were definately less popular than others.

The one thing I regret about the 25th AE was not getting to run trails I wanted to run.

I could have ran them on my own and I know that the trail leaders are all awesome people that volunteer their time.

I didn't think that showing up on Tuesday would mean that most of the trails had already filled up. Clearly the folks that show up early get the first come, first serve treatment, which is cool with me.

Maybe for the next one if we're going to push having 200 rigs show up, we could accomodate most of them on the trails. As it were, there were maybe 5 (?) trails everyday, limited to 20 rigs each? And some of those trails were definately less popular than others.

I also think there should be more trails per day, but that means more people need to volunteer to lead them. 20 rigs is already way too many for one trail in my opinion. If the limit was raised I know I wouldn't volunteer to lead anymore.

We are already working on a tentative menu. Think gourmet Spanish cuisine.

I hate to bring this thread back on track, but Rick, you do realize that adding guacamole and sour cream to burritos and tacos doesn't make Spanish cuisine "gourmet", right? :D

I only had 3 rigs behind me on Moab Rim on saturday. There was plenty of room for more.

Then we should postpone this thread until about 10 days before the event, since that's when people were dropping like flies :rof:

First you have to want to...... ;)

I promise not to flake unless I change my mind. :looney:

Geoff making it would be just like CRASH or Lincoln making it............NOT!

:laugh:

Somehow I missed most of the posts on this thread.
I knew running out of food is the worst thing that can happen at a dinner like this one.
Some of the girls in the kitchen felt that we had PLENTY of food. I wasn't so sure. So after seeing a number of larger plates heading out, I decided it was time to limit the main course piles!
Like I have said before, I AM TRULY SORRY to those who didn't get thier fill.

Maybe I'll rethink the volunteering to do the 30th AE.
As a matter of fact, forget it.
I'd rather go wheelin'....

Rick

I only had 3 rigs behind me on Moab Rim on saturday. There was plenty of room for more.

Saturday isn't a good meter of attendance. The only folks left in the campground are one day's drive away from Moab.

A lot of the trails that I thought were popular (hell's revenge, steel bender, poison spider mesa, golden spike, etc) were only run once or twice. So if you're a dumbass like me and are in Moab for the first time and have no idea where you're going, it's hard to run a trail by yourself or with other people who are also there for the first time.

I'm not knocking anyone who led trails, everyone did an awesome job. I had an awesome time. I just think if we're going to plan the next one, we should take a closer look at running the most popular trails more often, especially for folks who might only make it out there once or twice.

Back