• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30 days till MOAB

I am SOOOOOOO behind!!
The TC is back together but still no fluid, still haven't checked the install is done, still haven't test driven it or adjusted it, and still haven't installed all the skids and taken it off the jack stands!!
Plus, I have a ton of other stuff I want to check, change, adjust, etc.
AND, I am traveling for work ALL week!!
I hope to get a bunch done this next weekend!!
Michael

Whos going to be at work until 3 am for the next two weeks?:shhh:
:D

Not me :D I just have to figure out how to install a new air freshener. Anyone know of any good write ups?

Ryan, what scent would you like? I kinda like Vanill-aroma

I am in much better shape now.
I got the Jeep back in running order:
1. 2 low kit installed and adjusted and tested.
2. Skids all back on.
3. All fluids changed that needed to be changed.
4. All joints greesed.
5. Jeep cleaned and vacumed.
6. Checked all tools and spare parts.
7. Tightened Trac Bar (glad I cought that, DW is much better now).

I still have a few things I would like to get done before I leave, but I am much more prepared now.

Who knows what trails they plan on running when?
This is an area I wanted to be more prepared for, I have maps, but I have not put a list together and want to make sure I see everything I can!!

Michael

Matt or others that know the area please help me out.
Where is this area BFE?
And is there anyway of finding out about the trails there?
I found all of the other trails that I plan on doing each day and put a list together but I want to travel over to see the really hard core stuff and figured that you guys might want to also and was curious when you might do this and how I could "plan" on when it makes the most sense to do this.

I am hoping to get into one of the Pritchet canyon trips but if I don't, I will want to do that also.
Thoughts?

Is the "Crawl" trip at BFE still open? What is the plan for this? Is my Jeep Hard Core enough for it?

Michael

Just finished up my 2lo install this morning, and changed out my cracked power steering res. for a spare that doesn't leak. I have a few more small things to take care of this week, but all the major stuff is complete now.

Matt or others that know the area please help me out.
Where is this area BFE?
And is there anyway of finding out about the trails there?
I found all of the other trails that I plan on doing each day and put a list together but I want to travel over to see the really hard core stuff and figured that you guys might want to also and was curious when you might do this and how I could "plan" on when it makes the most sense to do this.

I am hoping to get into one of the Pritchet canyon trips but if I don't, I will want to do that also.
Thoughts?

Is the "Crawl" trip at BFE still open? What is the plan for this? Is my Jeep Hard Core enough for it?

Michael
BFE is probably about 20 miles out of town along the main highway. It's $5 to get in (or whatever donation you're willing to give). The trails range from doable to purely impossible. Upper Helldorado is where we're going to do the CRAWL Big Dog run, and I don't think you'd like it very much, or at least your Cherokee wouldn't like you. Its more or less a buggy trail or a well armored Wrangler type rig, 37" tire mimimum.

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

Mandatory winch point:

IMG_3619.jpg

-----Matt-----

BFE is probably about 20 miles out of town along the main highway. It's $5 to get in (or whatever donation you're willing to give). The trails range from doable to purely impossible. Upper Helldorado is where we're going to do the CRAWL Big Dog run, and I don't think you'd like it very much, or at least your Cherokee wouldn't like you. Its more or less a buggy trail or a well armored Wrangler type rig, 37" tire mimimum.
-----Matt-----

Thanks Matt. So are there maps of the area? Are the trails obvious? Is there a chance I could "tag along" on the Crawl thing just to watch the others? If not, I would be interested in spending some time there (a few hours, day?) are you guys interested in doing the same?

Here is what I have for a schedule of rides:
Tues: Hell's Revenge
Wed: Pritchet Canyon (if I can get in) Moab rim if I don't.
Thur: Cliff Hanger
Friday: Metal Masher
Sat: Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike

Han's, you should swap a couple of your planed days to match some of mine:)

Michael

Here is what I have for a schedule of rides:
Tues: Hell's Revenge
Wed: Pritchet Canyon (if I can get in) Moab rim if I don't.
Thur: Cliff Hanger
Friday: Metal Masher
Sat: Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike

Han's, you should swap a couple of your planed days to match some of mine:)

Michael

I like your list. Am I cool enough to hang out with you guys?

I like your list. Am I cool enough to hang out with you guys?

I have always been apart of the "band geeks", "Nerds", "Dorks", "Jocks", "other?" I always thought it was hanging near you that put me closer to the "cool kids" catagory!

My Jeep is ready (I want to do a few other details before loading it).
And now the tow rig is ready (fresh oil, tranny fluid, diff fluid).
It may not be as cool, but I am towing with the grand and not the Ex.

Michael

Sure Michael, my plan is to invite anybody who wants to come watch. It'll be Thursday at BFE. Trails aren't marked very well, so definitely try to tag along with groups who know the area.

IMHO, the MUST-DO trails are Hells Revenge, Pritchett, Moab Rim, Gold Bar Rim/Poison Spider/Golden Spike, and Kane Creek.

-----Matt-----

Sure Michael, my plan is to invite anybody who wants to come watch. It'll be Thursday at BFE. Trails aren't marked very well, so definitely try to tag along with groups who know the area.

IMHO, the MUST-DO trails are Hells Revenge, Pritchett, Moab Rim, Gold Bar Rim/Poison Spider/Golden Spike, and Kane Creek.

-----Matt-----

Great, sounds like fun!!
So, my new schedule looks like this:
Tue: Hells Revenge
Wed: Pritchet (Moab Rim if don't get into Pritchet)
Thur: BFE
Fri: Moab Rim (or Kane Creek if I do Moab Rim on Wed)
Sat: Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike (I assume it includes poison spider if not, I will add it)

Is there any reason that a small group of us couldn't run Moab Rim and Kane Creek in one day or even add Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike/Poison Spider to it also?

Michael

Why? Won't that kill you on gas?

With the difference between gas and diesel price and milage it is very close to a wash. I do prefer to tow with the Ex, but cost of maintenance, tires, etc all just make it a little less for me to stress about if I just use the grand.

Michael

Is there any reason that a small group of us couldn't run Moab Rim and Kane Creek in one day or even add Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike/Poison Spider to it also?

Michael
The triple threat (GBR/PS/GS) is a LONG day, and not one that I will do again. I posed on The Crack, but that's about the only really important part of the trails. What we should plan on doing is a sunset run up to Moab Rim. It's the best scenery in all of Moab, and there's no restriction on running the trail on your own.

-----Matt-----

you can't fix perfection

I have to retract my previous statement. I found a dusted front(like I have rear steer) axle u-joint. I am up and running again. And as a bonus it fixed my vibration at 65 mph. Still have yet to do my air freshener. Any feed back on "Black Ice" scent?

As far as trails go, my plan is:
Tuesday: Seven Mile Rim
Wednesday: Fins And Things
Thursday: Cliffhanger
Friday: Hell's Revenge
Saturday: Elephant Hill

Back