• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual NAC Mohawk Madness Weekend Sept 3-5th labor day weekend

Melissa and Myself made it home safe. Had a great time wheeling with everyone.

Here's my breakage list for the weekend:

2 leaf pack center pins
1 tire sidewall
Air Control Module
Nut for rear shock
Body Damage on the A-piller and along the roof line

Scary thing is that was all saturday with the exception of the Air Control Module. I had fun as a passenger on sunday as well. Nothing like winching that tree out of the way :laugh3:

Here's a link to my pics for the weekend: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcMmLVo1cNWMl

I also have 2 videos from sunday if someone can host them for me.

Thanks to Brandon for the on-board air use and for the Air Control Module.
Thanks to Ryan for all his help getting me fixed.
Thanks to Matt for the replacement center pins.

Hope to wheel with you all again soon. :wave:

What's Your Bishop Number?

Last edited:
Im glad to hear ya made it home in one piece John. and you forgot to add the missing degree shim and leaf. Also how big are the vidz? if there under 10 mb then you could use www.putfile.com

Last edited:
Great pics! I see a few familiar faces and some great trails! You're making me think I should have limped my rig down there. :laugh3: I just keep telling myself, "next year..."

nhrocker said:
Great pics! I see a few familiar faces and some great trails! You're making me think I should have limped my rig down there. :laugh3: I just keep telling myself, "next year..."
you would of needed skids, and you would of had a hell of a time sat wit your tires, also in the 7th pic you can see that the little yj that could grew

I've got a Tcase skid in my shed, a gas tank skid in my house, and a brand new set of Rubicon take off tires to beat up! :laugh3: I'm putting that all on hold for now though, that's why my rig wasn't up for the run. I'm ordering the C-Rok brace and a PORC SYE tomorrow, looking for a stock front driveshaft this week for the rear, and hopefully buying a Currie steering settup if XJ_Ranger gets back to me with his address... I spent this weekend getting my electrical up to par. I have control of my fan back now, (wish I had it for the day when you were riding along! lol) and I now have the first gear lock out that I wish I had for that same day.

It was cool running in to you all at the Big Y saturday afternoon...sorry I couldn't run with NAXJA this time, hopefully will again sometime soon :sunshine:

thanks to everyone for coming out this weekend! we got a few good trail runs in, but not without the inevitable trail breakage. this weekend seemed to be john's bad luck weekend but glad he and melissa still enjoyed the trip. when in doudt, use a coke can! i havent sifted my pics yet but i will soon. thanks for coming out everyone!

So Mike how was the trip home with the messed up steering box? Oh and the steak strips were awsome you and your daughter did an awsome job with them. Maybe ill have my XJ on one of the runs.

trip home was un-eventful (thank god!) my Ashley's "secret" marinade is a regular at any camping run i do. Bic (tekka maki) makes an awesome chicken marinade too if we can ever get him to camp with us again. :gag:

STROKER said:
Sounds like a good time sorry i missed it. Where's all the pics. Come on I wanna see........

STROKER
i saw sidriptide, classic xj, bishop and bisquick takin pics, my camra has been broke since essex jct and tetsulo's started actin up just as we got on the first trail on sat.

Hey Mikey, were still waitn, also what did everyone think of our friends in the red zj?

Back