• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual NAC Mohawk Madness Weekend Sept 3-5th labor day weekend

94XJ4x4 said:
I would like to come along, but as of now my jeep doesnt have any tow points or a spare tire. If i can get some tow hooks in the front and a reciever hitch with one of those d rings that slide into the reciever on by then would i be able to participate?
A receiver hitch with either a hook insert or a D-ring insert is a very acceptable rear tow point. Front hooks, be sure they are attached with adequate brackets.

And don't forget the other mandatory equipment, like spare tire, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit. All good stuff to have, and nothing that's a bank breaker.

94XJ4x4 said:
So i cant drive unless i have a spare? bummer.
The regulations are available all over this forum, and there are no provisions in the by-laws for waivers. Sorry if this seems harsh to you, but it's for the protection of all participants, as well as their enjoyment. Why would you even consider going off-road without at LEAST one spare tire? Rocks cut tires; flats are a normal occurance on trail rides. What were you thinking you would do when it happens to you?

The NAXJA Safety Regulations are:
By-Laws said:
Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation

1. NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
2. NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
3. NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
4. NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.

Equipment List

1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
2. First aid kit
3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
3. D-Rings
4. Shackle/Clevis
6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)
Note that these requirements have been put back into the by-laws by the new BOD. That means there is NO provision for waiving any of them without going through the entire process of revising the by-laws.

Last edited:
Im gettin my tow points this weekend, pinion bearing will be fixed next weekend and some where in there ill be gettin the fire extingisher and firdt aid kit in there. and if i have the spare money i may throw my 30's on my steel wheels but if not ill be rollin on 225's

Mohawk Trail is pretty cut up this year with too many helper rocks. I was there a few weeks ago. If thats where your going. .02

BingBing said:
Mohawk Trail is pretty cut up this year with too many helper rocks. I was there a few weeks ago. If thats where your going. .02

uh. the Mohawk Trail is Rt 2 west from Greenfield to Williamstown. not much wheeling on pavement. there are alot of roads/trails out in that area that we use.

you coming out with us?

I assumed if you were on mohawk trail you were going to Old Florida Road that is what I was refering to. But i probably won't be going but thanks for asking.

BingBing said:
I assumed if you were on mohawk trail you were going to Old Florida Road that is what I was refering to. But i probably won't be going but thanks for asking.

i figured thats what you were reffering to. i go there once a year and thats about it. there are alot of other places out there that are legal and more challenging.

Sorry about posting in the other thread Mike, you can delete that post if ya want, and now my question, is anyone gonna have a open seat? Im not gonna be able to wheel my XJ cause i cant afford tow points at the moment.

here we go again! I got 2 weeks to get tow points and front disco's. I'll try my hardest to make it but its a 50/50. I'l try my hardest guys!!!!

keepin the fingers crossed that Katrina blows thru before friday.. luckily our area is so dry right now that if it rains it wont be wet very long before it drys up.
we did some scouting this weekend and we have some good runs scheduled.

Back