• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

all gauges, like Greddy, Apexi, etc come with own sensor included in package. if u r not buying used gauge without anything -)

SF24.jpg

hmmmmmmmm....me likey

***sound of gears spinning in Dukie's head****

I've noticed there seem to be a couple of you with your noses in the 2J world, so I'll ask here too.

I'm looking for an OBDII ECU from any 1996-98 US Spec TT Auto Supra. I may need the MAF and injectors as well, though I think I've located them. The computer is turning out to be a little more difficult. Thanks!

child9, did you change the gears in axles ? i worry about the leak of torque at low RPMs, think about installing 4.56 ratio gears ...

I'm not sure what you mean by "leak" of torque...but changing gears will definitely multiply torque differently. I plan on upgrading to either d44s or the Ford 8" in the future, but that's just for strength.

There are aftermarket ODBII Engine Management Systems out there. AEM makes a few good ones capable of boost control.

Spendy though...

Here is a linky for you:
http://www.aemelectronics.com/engin...9/universal-engine-management-systems-ems-11/

Really spendy...

Plus sensors, of course.

Or, you could transplant a factory PCM into it along with the wiring and sensors. With your skill set, I see no major obstacles.

Yeah, I can't drop 2k on an AEM or I'd have the valvebody and temp kit done, out, and be a BLUE name on here, lol.

I'm going to just turn the engine from a Japanese Aristo version to a newer, OBDII US spec turbo Supra version. Hopefully that will run me less than 500 overall, and be completely legal according to the engine swap guidelines established by the EPA.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/policies/civil/caa/mobile/engswitch.pdf

As a burgeoning engineer, I have learned that any solution to an existing problem must be solved within the given restraints or it is not correct. Most of us focus on the physical constraints and pay no attention to the legal constraints. I think a lot of that is lack of knowledge and/or fortitude.

Fortunately I strive to have as much of both as I can handle.

Now I just need to find the OBDII pinouts for the OBDII plug itself, and the 96-98 Supra ECU. :)

Obd2 port pinouts are very easy to find, it is the protocol definition I have been unable to find without paying large amounts of money for it.

Edit: I think burik meant "lack" not "leak". Reads correctly with that change.

I think I now have everything I need, except the XXXXing ECU itself. FML. Seems to be really hard to find. That usually also translates to "expensive" when I do find it. *sigh*

Hmmm...yes. Yes it does. Sorry. *sigh*
All I can think of now are derivatives of velocity and position vectors. :)

Congrats Burik. I love it.

Welcome to the turbo jeep club. It's a pretty small group. :)

So I've just dropped almost $500 on a new ECU and an OEM MAF sensor. A friend may have the plug for the MAF, and I'll find out monday. All that leaves is the new injectors, and I should have everything I need to convert the Japanese version of the engine into a full fledged US spec, OBDII compliant, automatic, turbo Supra variant. Except cams. I'll have Japanese cams. I have the two steering wheels. I have steering components. I have a shifter. I have everything I need for the temporary exhaust setup except for the 3"-2.5" reducer.

So many parts, so little time. Except, wait...it's SPRING BREAK! I wonder how much I can get done over the next 12 days.

You know, another week and it will be exactly one year ago that I physically started this swap. FML. :)

Back