• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

Got most of the cooling system figured out and connected. Slow going atm since I have a million things pulling me away from it, important as getting my daily running again is. :p

Oh hell, whats your DD?

Oh I re-read it. I is tarded sometimes! :D

Knocking stuff out on the list, slowly but surely...I know I've given a lot of "target dates", but here's another one. August 21st I'm hoping to have her running.

JeepKitInstalled01.jpg

JeepKitInstalled02.jpg

JeepKitInstalled03.jpg

JeepKitInstalled04.jpg

agreed you're definitely going to need some sort of a shroud

Yes, they sure would. By my estimate there is about a third of the radiator not having air forcibly pulled through it...which I hate. I will make a shroud out of aluminum sheet if needed, but I'm gonna wait and see what the temps look like. School is coming up quick, and I'm running out of time.

I did get the interior ready to receive the dash again, and I made a quick heat shield to protect the harness from the manifold heat. I want to put in a hood vent right above and just slightly behind the top of the manifold, but I am running out of time, as I stated before. I can not convey strongly enough how much I hate taking shortcuts.

JeepKitInstalled07.jpg

JeepKitInstalled06.jpg

JeepKitInstalled05.jpg

JeepKitInstalled08.jpg

looks like a pontiac grand prix/grand am to me

So these last couple of things on the list are gonna be a pain...it's slow going and a little frustrating...but if I keep getting results like this, little bursts of excitement pop in and I find myself ridiculously happy with a stupid little part. I'm such a dork.

After a little research I've come to the decision that the high pressure line from the pump to the steering gearbox is not to be cheapened or taken lightly. Of all the pressures in the vehicle, this is the one. I was initially told 600 psi, but the guy who made the new line said they can go upwards of 1000. The new line is ISO 9000, rated to 3000 psi, and looks sexy! I'm happy with it, and I know I won't lose any power steering, burn up and freeze up a pump, then throw a belt and overheat in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. :)

PowerSteeringHighPressureLine001.jpg

PowerSteeringHighPressureLine002.jpg

Got several things going tonight, with several more scheduled for tomorrow. Here are the new hard lines and trans cooler I installed this evening, among other things.

TransCoolerLines01.jpg

TransCoolerLines02.jpg

TransCoolerLines03.jpg

TransCoolerLines04.jpg

TransCoolerLines05.jpg

Back