• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Wheeling

Anybody up for some Fordyce?

Anybody up for some Fordyce?

Ran a small part of Fordyce from a campground at Fordyce lake down and across commitee crossing into and up winch hill 3. Made it unassisted all the way but took some well earned cosmetic damage on winch hill 3. Fordyce is the only trail that really makes me want a buggy as that is what everyone mostly rolls up to that place in, and for good reason. It's fun but SUPER knarly. Would reccomend late sept, oct season when the cfms across the water crossings are 30-35. Would not go when the flow was any larger - that was good enough for my lowly 33's.

Fordyce is a trail that will kick your a$$.
Not only is the trail hard, Fordyce Creek water crossings will get your attention.
They lower the water flow the weekend before Sierra Trek, then increase flows afterwards.
Suggested earliest date is weekend of August 6th, or later in September or early October due to lower water flow.

I want to run Moonrocks and Steve's loop. Not sure how long the trails are or how long they might take. Maybe one of the Reno guys will chime in.

Josh

Josh,

Make Moon Rocks your base camp. Then you can do not only Steve's Loop, but there are several other trails close by (Twister / Billy Bob's, Dolores, a few secret ones...) Bronco canyon is always good but it would eat up almost the whole day.

No matter what you decide, get some rigs over here and there will be plenty of us Reno guys to show you around. :wave:

Josh,

Make Moon Rocks your base camp. Then you can do not only Steve's Loop, but there are several other trails close by (Twister / Billy Bob's, Dolores, a few secret ones...) Bronco canyon is always good but it would eat up almost the whole day.

No matter what you decide, get some rigs over here and there will be plenty of us Reno guys to show you around. :wave:

DOLORES!!! One of the best trails i have been on in Reno. We should plan a clean up day for that trail. Last time spencer and i went out there it was gross. PM me if you want to do it?

Josh,

I am so down to get out & wheel. I will have my 44 done & built & installed. I would just
say give us some dates.

DOLORES!!! One of the best trails i have been on in Reno. We should plan a clean up day for that trail. Last time spencer and i went out there it was gross. PM me if you want to do it?

Dolores is a sweet trai!

Suggestion for those that want to run Niagara Rim Trail is to do it on 4x4inMotion Poker Run that is held the weekend after July 4th.

looks like every weekend in July is now booked with a run for me...

Suggestion for those that want to run Niagara Rim Trail is to do it on 4x4inMotion Poker Run that is held the weekend after July 4th.

Dates for all the runs I want to do are in post #1.

-- Moonrocks and Steve's Loop outside Reno. May 20 - 22

Steve's loop is cool, nice views but is very short. I'd Say run Steve's at night and during the day head over to the 7-11 area for a combination of Twister / Billy Bob or Dolores. From moonrocks you are about equal distance from either Steve's or the start of those other three trails which offer much more challenge. Either way you have highway time from moonrocks out to those trails. For twister/billy bob reccomend min 1 locker, sliders and 33's. You can get by with less on Steve's loop.

Back