• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Wheeling

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
So I just wanted to throw out a few ideas to see if anyone else would be up for a few trail runs this Spring and Summer. Things have change a little for me this season, my wife and I are expecting in the beginning of Aug. I will only be able to wheel until mid July so I need to get as much in as I can before then.

-- The Rubicon is a must for me this year and will most likely be the last trip of the year for me. I was thinking July 8-10.

-- I would also like to run Niagara Rim but need to read up more about it to check on the possibility with the snow melt. Possibly June 17 - 19.

-- Dusy is most likely out of the question for me this year. Sept 2012 anyone?

-- Moonrocks and Steve's Loop outside Reno. May 20 - 22?

Dates are tentative for now but hopefully will not move much. I will firm everything up and list requirements as the dates get a little closer. Post up if there is a run you would like to attend or any other input on trails and/or dates.

These are officially unofficial NAXJA runs.

Josh

Last edited:
im gonna try to hit the dusy with a group of yotas that always run it this summer...
im in for niagra rim

Reno run sounds cool. May 20ish works well. Rubicon as well.

I am good for the Reno run to start with. I hope to join you guys on the Con also...

con will be fun again. especially with more XJs

I'm down for a reno run and con run. I WILL go to sierrafest this year as well!

Last year was my first time, I will be there this year.

We are still working on the 2011 SierraFest it might end up a run to the Rubicon this year, and SharkMark is working on dates for his Deer Valley run, and we hope to set dates for both soon. Also don't forget the annual Swamp run that Goatman likes to do every year in August, then Goatfest in November down in JV.

The same as last year, I'd appreciate if most of the summer events are before august 20th, I start school.

We are still working on the 2011 SierraFest it might end up a run to the Rubicon this year, and SharkMark is working on dates for his Deer Valley run, and we hope to set dates for both soon. Also don't forget the annual Swamp run that Goatman likes to do every year in August, then Goatfest in November down in JV.

SierraFest at the con would be cool. Just let me know how I can help.

I'm in favor of SF on the 'con. I'm doing Jeeper's Jamboree this year and I might rather do the Rubicon with the Sierra Chapter. Jeeper's Jam is good (see also copious food and entertainment), but it isn't the same without Letterman's jokes...

I'm in favor of SF on the 'con. I'm doing Jeeper's Jamboree this year and I might rather do the Rubicon with the Sierra Chapter. Jeeper's Jam is good (see also copious food and entertainment), but it isn't the same without Letterman's jokes...

The Jambo is a blast!!! And the food is great! Guiding jeeps down the sluice box is awesome. Getting to go for free is priceless :p. It's a fun trip, but I'd rather do it with some NAXJA guys. Much cheaper and no set plans!! Plus you arent stuck next to the pirates all night who are blasting music till 3 in the morning!

you know im gonna be on the Con all summer doin work on the trail for FOTR..im sure i will make a few of those runs.

You guys are welcome at WF! :D Its only like a 2500 mile drive.....

Last edited:
Back