• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Weeks later....

OK, I am going out on a limb here. I know most of you will disagree and call me crazy, but there is supposedly a guy that lives near here in a woods that had this same problem.

He got a really expensive vanilla air freshner and hung it from his mirror, and at the same time, he took off his rear sway bar, supposedly it really helped him alot. Of course this is just a rumor, I have never met the guy! Makes me wonder.

I may get one some day.

LOL, alright here's the story, i removed the rear swaybar and it defffinatly rides softer on the road and in the trails...i didnt notice too much diff in the flex though...front is still great and the rear i just cant seem to tuck. Tomorrow i will find a vanilla air freshener and maybe that will do the trick...i have some pretty cool pics and videos from today i will try to figure out how to post in the pic section in a second. Thanks again for all the input guys.

JeepXJ93 said:
LOL, alright here's the story, i removed the rear swaybar and it defffinatly rides softer on the road and in the trails...i didnt notice too much diff in the flex though...front is still great and the rear i just cant seem to tuck.

And now go flex it up couple times. You'll see a difference soon enough.

Will do...the pretty much narrows everything down...i have a few pics in the showcase, its the "after removing rear swaybar" thread. I guess it will stuff when the springs break in.

check this thread - if your really that concerned about it, you could take the leaf packs apart, graphite paint them, add a liner in between each leaf - Full Length liner, and grease the Fawk out of your shackles...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23381&highlight=leaf
BTW are you running longer than stock shackles - because you need them for the longer eye to eye length leaves to flex properly...

XJ_ranger said:
check this thread - if your really that concerned about it, you could take the leaf packs apart, graphite paint them, add a liner in between each leaf - Full Length liner, and grease the Fawk out of your shackles...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23381&highlight=leaf
BTW are you running longer than stock shackles - because you need them for the longer eye to eye length leaves to flex properly...

Thats what I was wondering but I would assume that they would come in the kit he put on? Unless it was more of a lift kit then a flex kit.

I was picturing the spring trying to go up and straigten out but the shackle holding it and just not letting it go any further.

in my experience, remove the rear sway bar and get disconnects for the front.
my 4.5" kit flexed like crazy with the front disco'd buy would do shit with it connected. the rear springs sat very high and are still coming down after 10k miles (which is nice if you carry lots of tools and parts in the back) but the rear still doesn't flex very well. the shocks have nothing to do with flex if they aren't bottoming out or fully extended. my rear shocks barely extend and the rear is very stiff. that is just the way it goes

i dont know what all the bitchin is about...i run 7" of lift with Bias ply TSL's at 65 mph on the highway with NO swaybars. just gotta know how to drive a lifted rig. there is a fine art to it.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the powers that be for the creation of the "Advanced Fab" forum...

btw...

"Do these tires make me look fat?"

Back