• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5" Mandrel bent tail pipes / Catbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudfrogK5

NAXJA Forum User
I have these in stock now. Let me get your opinion. The tail pipes do not have the front wire hanger welded on and none of my suppliers offer a clamp on style hanger for that application. So technically this hanger would need to be welded on unless I offered a different style hanger which would require drilling and bolting to the unibody.

So for a catback would you rather have the hanger welded on once you receive these or would you rather have a bolt on installation that requires drilling?

cherokee.jpg

I would be fine with a threaded tab that would let me make a custom hanger.

I would like to see you go Blue or Green on the name if you start trying to sell these. With the sales you can probably get with a quality product, it can't hurt to kick back an help the club by being a member as well.

Not gonna try and sell these on the site. Just needed opinions on the hanger.

Might be open to being a vendor later on. Send me a PM with the info.

http://sponsorship.naxja.org/sponsorshipfaq.html

All the info is there, including who to contact.

My opinion, it should at least have provisions for hangers (tabs, brackets, the OE style rods- anything but having to use parts store clamps) welded on, so it's at least close to being a bolt on. Are they stainless or aluminized?

I'll look at that.

The tail pipe is aluminized to keep the cost down. If there is a demand we can get these in 409 SS but I'd need to ensure it would move.

I can include the OE style rod but this would need to be welded. Or we can use the hanger that we include with our truck dual kits, it uses a clamp (we send Heavy Duty clamps) and will need to be bolted to the unibody.

I'll take a pic in a min and post what I'm talking about.

1 vote for - weld it when I get it

409SS FTW! Definitely appreciate the mandrel bends. I think welded or non would be a good option.

I can't talk prices since I'm not a vendor but both would be significantly less than on the ebay link.

My kits are priced fairly cheap. I think I will give the option to just add the type of hanger that the customer prefers, it would only be about $2 extra for the hanger.

I'll look into 409ss but I'm not sure about the 2.25. I wasn't really planning on having 4 part numbers for the Cherokees.

personally i think if you can keep the factory style hanger and have it fit right (i've had several after market tailpipes not fit well, like the one on my gf's jeep right now) that would be the best bet. alot of people on here like myself DD or jeeps and don't want to have to spend a whole day trying to make a new hanger that works on or jeeps. don't fix it if it ain't broke. the factory hanger works nicely, i would leave it alone. but that's just my opinion.

-Dylan

We can include a factory hanger but it will not be welded on. The problem is the guy that bends these for us gives us a great deal but he does not do anything with a hanger. I have another supplier who would possibly make one with the hanger but it would more than double in cost and it would not fit multiple years like this one.

Looks good - but this is more of a "Product Development" thread than "Street & Performance" - you're not discussing the tech aspects of the thing (except for material choices and mounting options, which is only vaguely engine tech,) and you are wandering awfully close to Vendor territory.

Like most of the others here, I do like the idea - but I put the thread more where it belongs. It would be appreciated if you would take further discussions backchannel, if at all possible.

Don't feel singled out - I got clobbered with something similar a couple of whiles ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back